Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am clsoe to buying a 8800 GTS. Should I hold off till Janurary when other DX10 Come out? what can anyone tell about what is on the horizon w/ NVIDIA and ATI as for DX10 ?

Your comments are welcome!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,490 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by msarp View Post
I am clsoe to buying a 8800 GTS. Should I hold off till Janurary when other DX10 Come out? what can anyone tell about what is on the horizon w/ NVIDIA and ATI as for DX10 ?

Your comments are welcome!
Thanks

The fastest stuff is always released first. You'll see trimmed down (think sub $300) DX 10 cards early next year also ATI will have launched their crown DX10 card by then and they'll actually have the driver support ironed out by then

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post
I would wait to see what ATi has to offer, your cards should hold up fine untill then.
Agreed, I'm personally waiting for/looking forward to R600.

I'm a fairly faithful nVidia fan, but I think ATI is gonna take this generation by storm.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice View Post
The fastest stuff is always released first. You'll see trimmed down (think sub $300) DX 10 cards by early spring also ATI will have launched their crown DX10 card by then and they'll actually have the driver support ironed out by then

ATi usually has not as buggy drivers.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by someone153 View Post
ATi usually has not as buggy drivers.
Do you remember the 9xxx series?

Anyways, I'm waiting till I can actually see a huge diff

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I am going to wait. Your right about the price going down on the 8800 line by then. It has alittle already. I am realyy curious with what ATI has up it`s sleeve.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I say get the 8800GTS now if you have the money i mean waiting sucks and something faster is always on the horizon. Also i think Nvidia did the smart thing with the 8 series they might not have the horsepower of the R600 but if the games are being written for the 8xxx series architecture than ATi might be in the position they are with Open GL games.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts