Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, the HD7970 is now in stock here in Norway and I am really pumped, but the thing is should i buy it now or wait for Nvidia's release.
I do not want to upgrade and then Nvidia comes out with something alot better, so plz help me out guys
smile.gif

Thx for the help

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobotoo View Post

Do we know when?
Some time 2012.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Personally im waiting for more members on this site to purchase them. If they overclock as well as they seem to Im sold. 7970 seems pretty solid, hopefully the price will drop a bit in time for tax returns.

·
@knightsbr1dge
1,568 Posts
Waiting on the 7990. Two 7990's ... mmmmm

·
OCN vet
1,853 Posts
If you can wait until Q3 2012, do it. Nvidia will likely have an edge over AMD.

If you want it now, dont expect Nvidia having the Kepler out any time soon.

I personally think that (if you have the money) you should buy these products early because you enjoy them longer. Otherwise it would be like buying a GTX 580 last month, getting a great card but late... Technology changes so quickly that waiting will make Nvidia's next cards look llike a joke because AMD will be very close to a release of a new generation and it will go on like that forever.

I would have loved to get a new Nvidia card since i like them very much but they are late this time. There is nothing close to a release time yet...

I am personally waiting for the MSI 7970 lightning. That card (if it comes) will be a beast.

Unles you are going water, i would wait for non reference cards. (also, it seems like the XFX black edition is a bit crappy, not worth it over the reference card)

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBZ323 View Post

If you can wait until Q3 2012, do it. Nvidia will likely have an edge over AMD.
If you want it now, dont expect Nvidia having the Kepler out any time soon.

I personally think that (if you have the money) you should buy these products early because you enjoy them longer. Otherwise it would be like buying a GTX 580 last month, getting a great card but late... Technology changes so quickly that waiting will make Nvidia's next cards look llike a joke because AMD will be very close to a release of a new generation and it will go on like that forever.

I would have loved to get a new Nvidia card since i like them very much but they are late this time. There is nothing close to a release time yet...

I am personally waiting for the MSI 7970 lightning. That card (if it comes) will be a beast.

Unles you are going water, i would wait for non reference cards. (also, it seems like the XFX black edition is a bit crappy, not worth it over the reference card)
pretty much what i'm doing. I HATE reference cooling. its loud and inefficient so when MSI releases some Twin Frozers i'll probably grab one on a single condition. These Cards OC higher than 1200Mhz. These are 28nm GPU's i was expecting them to OC well into the 1400Mhz range at best and 1300Mhz at worst. but so far i've yet to see any Tahiti core do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.