Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying to get my hands on some high end AMD cards but they're so expensive on ebay and I don't have the rep to post here.

Finally I see this one for parts -

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIAMOND-ATI-HD-5970-2GB-GPU-EK-WATERBLOCK-BACKPLATE-/320726555360?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item4aaccadae0

- which even has a backplate and waterblock. Do you guys think it would be a wise purchase to try to mess with it a bit and fix it? I don't have much experience in that regard but following directions isn't tough.

Would just like to know your guys' thoughts... and be quick because it'll probably be gone soon! Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
the user seems somewhat knowledgeable if he's talking about baking and some tweaks. So if he says it doesn't work than i would think the card isn't going to work. 350 seems like alot for a non working card.

·
PC Enthusiast
3,511 Posts
seeing as the seller mentioned "baking", I would take a small guess that he has already tried that and it failed

·
PC Enthusiast
3,511 Posts
so he is not selling it, or he is selling it for more?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Selling it for more, lol. Don't know if I want to buy a card that was reported as not working and then magically working 1 min later after already being posted on ebay.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Do not buy it's non working card. min later work and then min later not work..

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Most likely its miners bidding on it, the 5000 series are great for mining
thumb.gif

But I will say please don't bring back a necro thread to ask questions
tongue.gif

·
Registered
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTots View Post

Most likely its miners bidding on it, the 5000 series are great for mining
thumb.gif

But I will say please don't bring back a necro thread to ask questions
tongue.gif
Understood! Yea i just started poking at mining LTC. the 7950 is niceish 600khs but seriously gambling $100 for a single card? BLAH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts