Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on craigslist locally. I mean, it looks like it has the airflow of a coffin, but for $35... could be an interesting mod project (I've never modded and would like a place ot start).

Any thoughts? lol. I'm gonna be in that area on saturday to pick up my HAF 922. I'm afraid to go see this one as I know I'll buy it on impulse just because.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/sys/2989647746.html

·
Registered
253 Posts
hahaha im pretty sure thats a logysis case that probably cost 40 bucks new. Seriously skip on it. just do a from scrath acrylic build er something.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by navynuke499 View Post

id say skip it. id just start from scratch if you wanted to make a case like that
Yeah, I'm not really great with this kinda stuff. That's why I figured for $35, the worst I could do is ruin it and say I tried.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'd rather have something like this, actually. With actual cooling and airflow, of course.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, it was mostly an impulse thing. Considering I'm getting an HAF 922 for $5 more, though. I don't think I'd even pay $35 for this thing, lol. I'll see if he still has it and offer him a crisp $20 bill. Maybe I can figure out something to do with it for that.

·
Older "geezer" of OCN
2,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogie View Post

I found this on craigslist locally. I mean, it looks like it has the airflow of a coffin, but for $35... could be an interesting mod project (I've never modded and would like a place ot start).

Any thoughts? lol. I'm gonna be in that area on saturday to pick up my HAF 922. I'm afraid to go see this one as I know I'll buy it on impulse just because.

Unless you want this case
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
: kmvgD.jpg

Just wait for the HAF 922 case - you'll be so much better off especially for $40.00.
thumb.gif

Saturday will come just wait it out, post in this forum to pass the time if you need to.
wink.gif

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogie View Post

would be interesting project to try and mod a side panel window onto it
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHMfreak View Post

I LOVE that crate case
that's not a crate. it was the prototype case for the lanboy air. the original design called for a cube design with the mobo mounted flat so the tower heatsink and the GPU would not be damaged during transport to lan parties. however after numerous market research, they decided to revert back to a tower design instead of a cube because consumers hate change.

smile.gif
now if you believed that, i got a bridge i like to sell you
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think case really looks like crap. Just wait for the HAF 922 like the other guys say.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts