Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i was wondering, should i buy x1900xt(X) or should i wait for Nvidias new vid card.. iam kinda confused when Nvidia lunches their new card. Is it confirmed that they do got some new cards on way?.. what is the name of it? if so give me ur opinion and please be kind and provide a link for Nvidias new vid card release thanks.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
They are launching their 7900 line in march i believe. Its suppose to be a monster.

These new cards really are fit for people with huge monitors that need to run their games at insane resolutions. A 1800xt let alone a 1900xt can handle any game out right now up to 1600x1200 resolution.

With dx10 coming out next year i would get whatever you need now. The 1900xt will handle everything out today. Its a bit pricey but if you can swing it id get it, dont waste money on the xtx. The 7900 will be better, but then again it doesnt come out for a few months, and the 1900 can more than handle anything out now.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but did they show how it looks like and wat the spex of 7900??is it confirmed?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
I plumped for the x1900 as I got it on a special offer when it came out. Very impressed with its speed, particularly in FEAR.
At a guess, the 7900 will be slightly quicker, but probably not by very much. Also, it's rumoured that the 7900 will be quite a bit more expensive than the x1900 at launch. If you're at all unsure, wait for the 7900 to come out, but I doubt you'll be unhappy with either of them

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wonder if any1 know the spex of the 7900!!! and whats the requirements for x1900xt?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitt3

wonder if any1 know the spex of the 7900!!! and whats the requirements for x1900xt?

When you say requirement, do you mean power? If so, ATI recommend a 450W psu with 30A on the 12v rail.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste

When you say requirement, do you mean power? If so, ATI recommend a 450W psu with 30A on the 12v rail.

well i got antec 460w , do u think its enuf, even tho iam running two /cds , 1 HDD, and an overclocked CPU ? is it enuf to run x1900xt?

·
Registered
586 Posts
hold off until the next gen cards with full dx10 support unless you really want a card right now. If the latter is the case and you plan on going single-card (as opposed to sli or crossfire) then buy the x1900xt 'cause its the fastest single card on the market right now. Nvidia is cooking up somethign good tho

edit: my bad here's a link (good price, awesome retailer, its in stock, and they ahve express shipping -- take the express shipping) http://www.us.ncix.com/products/inde...ture=Connect3D

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitt3

well i got antec 460w , do u think its enuf, even tho iam running two /cds , 1 HDD, and an overclocked CPU ? is it enuf to run x1900xt?

I can't find any specs for a 460W Antec. Check in the manual or the PSU and see what the 12v rail is. If it's 30A or over it'll be fine.

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
Will the 7800GT prive drop when the 7900 comes out? How much do you think it will? Will the 7800GT be able to play dx10 games right now.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by simon741

Will the 7800GT prive drop when the 7900 comes out? How much do you think it will? Will the 7800GT be able to play dx10 games right now.

hmm I'm pretty sure the new nvidia drivers will have support for dx10 when it comes out, wether or not the card supports it natively i'm not sure, remember dx10 wont be out until vista is officially released.

As far as the price going down, most definately the 78** series cards will drop in price when the next gen is released, as is customary of the video card price cycle.

If you have some spare time this is really cool: http://3dgpu.com/archives/2006/01/23...rectx-10-demo/

Quote:

Now, analysis of the latest FPS technology is not necessarily one of my strongest points, but I can tell you that there's some really scary voodoo in here, including leaves that cast real-time shadows and move independently in response to contact. You can also really see the physics taking shape in the footage of destructible environments - when that truck hits the shack, it falls apart in a way that is darn near believable. How long ago was it that were we playing Wolfenstein 3D again?

EDIT: WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO JESUS THATS NICE.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundergod989

hmm I'm pretty sure the new nvidia drivers will have support for dx10 when it comes out, wether or not the card supports it natively i'm not sure, remember dx10 wont be out until vista is officially released.

As far as the price going down, most definately the 78** series cards will drop in price when the next gen is released, as is customary of the video card price cycle.

If you have some spare time this is really cool: http://3dgpu.com/archives/2006/01/23...rectx-10-demo/

The card won't support DX10, but you will be able to play DX10 games on it as nvidia will release drivers to allow this, but only running in DX9.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste

The card won't support DX10, but you will be able to play DX10 games on it as nvidia will release drivers to allow this, but only running in DX9.

did anybody watch the video? anyways, the rig they're recording that from has dual x1900xt's running in crossfire mode, so i'm assuming its dx10 compatible.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundergod989

did anybody watch the video? anyways, the rig they're recording that from has dual x1900xt's running in crossfire mode, so i'm assuming its dx10 compatible.

The x1900xt is only DX9. The cards due later this year will be DX10.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
7900 Will unfortunately own the 1900XTX. The 1900XTX only beats last gen nvdia by a few fps.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD=Freedom

id wait, nvidias bringing out the big guns with a 1gig card

ok, one thing YOU DON"T NEED 1gig of memory on the graphics cards yet. Currently 256 is barely being used and 512 is already quite overkill where its only impacts a couple of games, even then not being totally noticeable. Core speed and memspeed, along with pipes, shaders, and dx support is where it is at.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ares545

ok, one thing YOU DON"T NEED 1gig of memory on the graphics cards yet. Currently 256 is barely being used and 512 is already quite overkill where its only impacts a couple of games, even then not being totally noticeable. Core speed and memspeed, along with pipes, shaders, and dx support is where it is at.

there was one game that uses more than 512m of video ram when running in full textures/1900res can't remember which it was but it would maek a difference on that.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste

I can't find any specs for a 460W Antec. Check in the manual or the PSU and see what the 12v rail is. If it's 30A or over it'll be fine.

EPS12V and ATX 12v.

MY PSU Called ION2
260 watt
Vantec

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.