Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i step up from my 6800gs superclock co to a 7600gt??

those clocks on that card are amazing there so high!i just saw it on newegg and its the same price i bought my 6800gs for. so should i???
 

·
Overclockiit
Joined
·
3,423 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by suthernkid

should i step up from my 6800gs superclock co to a 7600gt??

those clocks on that card are amazing there so high!i just saw it on newegg and its the same price i bought my 6800gs for. so should i???

It wouldnt hurt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,674 Posts
Not worth it, IMO. The 6800gs isn't far behind the 7800gt. Also, it's based on the price difference in the current retail prices, not what you bought it for. So 1) You'd be paying and 2) You'd have to wait for shipping.

EDIT: Sorry, thought you said 7800gt.

So I guess only my second point is valid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i should? how much better is the 7600gt better than my 6800gs?is it that much better that i should stepup?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:


Originally Posted by Orange

It is to get the 7600gt


i think itd be the same amount since i bought mines for 199 and its 199
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,792 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by suthernkid

so i should? how much better is the 7600gt better than my 6800gs?is it that much better that i should stepup?

Well yes my 6800GS is one 350/1000 andthe 7600GT is at 580/1500!!! thats crazy, especialy with the step up would be too much im guessing, so i would
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know! i saw those clocks omg i cant wait..i guess i have to pay for shipping annd possibly a fee for the serial sticker i cut off for the rebate
but it looks worth it
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,104 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by amped

Not worth it, IMO. The 6800gs isn't far behind the 7800gt.

Where do you see this? The 6800GS is quite far behind the 7800GT. The 6800GT/Ultra are pretty far behind the 7800GT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,674 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by bigval

Where do you see this? The 6800GS is quite far behind the 7800GT. The 6800GT/Ultra are pretty far behind the 7800GT!


Yeah, not thinking clearly tonight, ignore me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that is the current price sir
number 1) i just bought it about 2-3 weeks ago, and number 2)i just checked newegg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,674 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by suthernkid

that is the current price sir
number 1) i just bought it about 2-3 weeks ago, and number 2)i just checked newegg


My god, I am an idiot tonight. I think I might have to just stop posting. I'm misinforming, misquoting, and mislinking everywhere. I just linked a 6800 vanilla.

Everyone, seriously, ignore me.

Sorry bout that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,674 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by selectodude

It's what you paid for it, not the current prices. I got my 7900GTX for 150, not 170.


Yes yes, we've already established that I have no idea what I'm saying tonight.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,811 Posts
it does not matter what NewEgg's price for the 7600GT is, because you pay the difference between what you paid for the first card, and eVGA's price for the new card. The PCIe 6800GS is $270 on the eVGA website, so expect the 7600GT to be in the $300 range. Meaning you would have to pay $100.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top