Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i was to ever upgrade to 8gb later id want matching sticks, so was thinking about buying this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231321&cm_re=g_skill_eco_series-_-20-231-321-_-Product
before they quit selling it or something.

all i use my computer for is gaming, not sure if 8gb will benefit me now or later.

only thing ive seen so far which prolly ment i needed more ram was when i go to play crysis on max settings it needs a fresh restart to run smoothly, im guessing thats ram.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xD3aDPooLx;12012783
i would.. it should benefit thing better.
Uhh what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuzzzzy;12012717
if i was to ever upgrade to 8gb later id want matching sticks, so was thinking about buying this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231321&cm_re=g_skill_eco_series-_-20-231-321-_-Product
before they quit selling it or something.

all i use my computer for is gaming, not sure if 8gb will benefit me now or later.

only thing ive seen so far which prolly ment i needed more ram was when i go to play crysis on max settings it needs a fresh restart to run smoothly, im guessing thats ram.
No, there is no need for more RAM at all.

The only reason you should need more RAM is if you are running alot of VM's or are doing heavy video processing.

You wouldn't utilize anywhere near all 8GB's of RAM if you were to get more. I barely see utilization over 3GB's 95% of the time on my computer. 4GB is plenty enough for today's machines.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
i wouldnt, save the money 4gb is plenty!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I do VM's so Im going to run 8 GB... i was debating on 16 gb...

·
Enthusiast Gamer
3,829 Posts
OP do this. Open up your resource monitor and use your computer for a day or 2 and take note on how much memory is being used. If you are hitting more then 3GB on avg for normal use then go 8GB, if your under then forget about it. 4GB is more than enough for most.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts