Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Overclocking
Joined
·
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I been runing open on my computer for quite sometime now. Nothing is screwed in or anything it's just all sitting there.

I have 2 cases but one is has no sides and there is no Harddrive Holder. Than a dell case but the mount for the PSU is to high so none of the wires can get the motherboard, and the mounts for the motherboard is all wrong so I can't really put in the motherboard in.

This will take me about 3-5 months to get a case for my PC because I really have no money. Should I save up and get a good case or just run open and hope one day, i'll get a case

If you want pictures, I can can take some
 

·
Overclocking
Joined
·
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have no money and X-mas and all im pretty laid back on money. I guess like 20 dollors maby like 1 month

EDIT: if you want pictures, ask me and I'll take some
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,674 Posts
Do you guys have thrift shops in Canada? Check those out and even garage sales, never know what you might find on the cheep.
 

·
Overclocking
Joined
·
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by The Duke
View Post

Do you guys have thrift shops in Canada? Check those out and even garage sales, never know what you might find on the cheep.

They have them but there all those 66Mhz PC's. With the small PSU mounts. And all of them have the power buttion that runs to the PSU not the Motherboard


EDIT: here are pictures, I only have the power buttion that doesn't work all the time and to restart I have to press the motherboard's Restart buttion





 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,078 Posts
Garage sales are the place to find good stuff. I found a Althon xp 1800+ with a gb of ram for $20...and sold the mobo and CPU for $100
Cases are a good idea, especially if you have animals (this includes children) running around the house.
 

·
Overclocking
Joined
·
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:


Originally Posted by Mootsfox
View Post

Garage sales are the place to find good stuff. I found a Althon xp 1800+ with a gb of ram for $20...and sold the mobo and CPU for $100
Cases are a good idea, especially if you have animals (this includes children) running around the house.

I fit both of those. My bro is around the hose and there is 2 Cats around the house. If you think that's bad, There is a plant uptop and I told my mom to move but she told NO. So it has to say there

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,674 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Unknownm
View Post

They have them but there all those 66Mhz PC's. With the small PSU mounts. And all of them have the power buttion that runs to the PSU not the Motherboard


EDIT: here are pictures, I only have the power buttion that doesn't work all the time and to restart I have to press the motherboard's Restart buttion


The old "AT" format cased aren't much good to you
Got to have an ATX format case!
 

·
Filthy Casual
Joined
·
8,653 Posts
Here are some suggestions I found:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...186331&CatId=0
http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=103

Try going to your local library or University (assuming there's one nearby) and ask their IT department if they have any old crap they're going to throw away, I got a Pentium I rig from my college's IT department, but it's a server case, ATX form factor, standard PSU mounts, etc. So it was a great deal, all in all.
Not sure if geeks.com ships to Canada, but they have really cheap cases to fit your budget.
 

·
Overclocking
Joined
·
9,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,078 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Unknownm
View Post

I fit both of those. My bro is around the hose and there is 2 Cats around the house. If you think that's bad, There is a plant uptop and I told my mom to move but she told NO. So it has to say there


Please get a case, that unprotected computer makes me worried
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top