Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there should I get a new CPU Cooler? I have currently picked out the Heligon HE01 Heatsink, I was thinking of going for something more high end, since this is a high end build:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23_845&products_id=22307

The CPU I am getting is the i5 3570k, is that heatsink worth it?

Would this fit in the case I am going to be getting? Lian Li PC A75X:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=21449

Would paying the extra money be worth going for the liquid cooling heatsink? I plan to OC past 4.6GHz

You can see my full spec's in my Sig under "New Rig Coming Soon"

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Thats a good choice of a cooler, It should fit in the case very well... Just one problem... IB runs hot because of TIM in the IHS and the transisters are squeezed in more. To OC past 4.7+ comfortably you will need to dellid.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
^^^ Haha, for you people who just now joined in he was discussing this in another thread. If you dont bench then 4.5 will be more than good, the diffrence in performance/life of chip/ power consumption is no worth it tbh

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Here to help, the Kraken X60 and the Swiftech H220 would be useless unless you delid, which you dont want to and I dont blame you. Any more questions regarding your build?

P.S - Dont forget to make a build log....
smile.gif

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Here to help, the Kraken X60 and the Swiftech H220 would be useless unless you delid, which you dont want to and I dont blame you. Any more questions regarding your build?

P.S - Dont forget to make a build log....
Yes will that Cooler do me good? I don't want to delidd at this stage, MAY do in the future.

I will definitely be making a Build Log, just I haven't got any money to get any of the parts, I guess I could make one, don't know what to call it.

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
The H100i will be fine. Its in the top 3 aio s around

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Ace II Using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts