Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a crappy budget 3rd party cooler in my system right now. Its been working ok but i think its not cooling enough. It cools the CPU great for prime (reaches 54c) and gaming (reaches 47c) but in IntelBurnTest it gets to and hovers around 65c! Im overclocked to 4.2ghz @ 1.31v right now. Should i bother with a better cooler or just deal with the temps >.< And if so should it be mugen 2 DK or a 212

Also the temps SPIKE really fast then when the load is gone they drop instantly. Is that normal?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by I_dalder_I
View Post

Ok i have a crappy budget 3rd party cooler in my system right now. Its been working ok but i think its not cooling enough. It cools the CPU great for prime (reaches 54c) and gaming (reaches 47c) but in IntelBurnTest it gets to and hovers around 65c! Im overclocked to 4.2ghz @ 1.31v right now. Should i bother with a better cooler or just deal with the temps >.< And if so should it be mugen 2 DK or a 212

Also the temps SPIKE really fast then when the load is gone they drop instantly. Is that normal?

Everything you said describes a really decent air cooler. It almost sounds like the Arctic Freezer 7 Pro with the best thermal compound.

And 65°C for linpack is normal and extremely safe. That's still 35°C away from the Tj. Max, which is 100°C.

And it's absolutely normal for the temperature to spike really fast and then drop instantly. I've never understood why it works that way, but it does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cs_maan
View Post

That^.

lol you stole my line. Nice.

·
Registered
81 Posts
like twocables said i think that you have decent temperatures but if your looking some new heatsink go for he megahalems AKA megatron is the best heatsink with the IFX14 but i prefer the megahalems.

and for he fan go for one 120*38mm

Panaflo great performance/Db´s the ultra high model
Delta´s king of performance but you would need a very good fan controller because the turbine sound
San Ace the everyone favorite really difficult to find on newarc maybe...
Scythe Ultra Kaze 3K or 2K its cheaper than the others but it´s of less quality than the others

or if you want to put it on push-pull don´t waste your time and money with 120*38mm go for 120*25mm, Because almost does not exist decrease of temperatures compared to one 120*38mm
so if you want a good performance but with quiet you must better go for the push pull of 120*25mm fans
Scythe S-Flex G or F are just perfect

i don´t really know if its normal but that´s the way that just happen to me they dorp instantly just like yours

1 - 6 of 6 Posts