Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it actually worth getting? i will use it to listen to music and watch films.

how much better is it compared to the 3G? and what size is the camera? 0.7Megapixel i heard!

also can you please post the Specs of the 3G vs 4G thanks.

i will proberly wait until after Christmas then buy it in the sales.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I think its worth it. I personally think people only like the iPod because of its games but adding a camera and facetime will add to it. Maybe see how the iPod Touch 4G compares with the ZuneHD2. The camera's going to suck though. I'd rather get a camera instead of get a DSi or an iPod Touch 4th generation with this 0.3(dsi) or 0.7 (ipod) camera. The ZuneHD (1st generation) has a lot of features over the iPod touch like HD radio,OLED,Nvidia graphics,and better sound quality. Once they release a selection of games for the ZuneHD, I'm sure lots of people will get the ZuneHD and ZuneHD2. This is just my personal opinion though.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
if you can get an iphone 4 you should get that, but ipod touch 4g has the same processsor and screen as the iphone 4, and that screen is amazing.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
You mean the Retina Display. The Retina is actually part of your eyeball.

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by melterx12 View Post
if you can get an iphone 4 you should get that, but ipod touch 4g has the same processsor and screen as the iphone 4, and that screen is amazing.
Dude... The IPhone 4G 8GB cost £900! the ipod touch 4G cost £198

i will proberly get the 32GB ipod Touch

also why do i need an i phone? im not paying an extra £700 to make a phone call when i already have a £340 Phone.

Sony Ericsson W995!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BKsMassive View Post
Thank you very much.

ipod 4G has 4 times more pixels than the 3G!

Awesome!

The comparison chart is wrong, the 4G only has 256mb of ram, just like the 3G.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
OLED (Zune HD) vs LCD (iPod). OLED wins. If he's just going to listen to music (zuneHD=better sound quality) and watch movies (zuneHD has OLED=better colors and has nvidia graphics which=better graphics), the ZuneHD wins.

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by eseb1
View Post

The comparison chart is wrong, the 4G only has 256mb of ram, just like the 3G.

really? D: why do all the charts say it does? even Wikipedia says it does and the pages is locked so that means it is all correct information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian_
View Post

yea the display i amazing compared to my iphone 3g when i compared it to the iphone 4 side by side

Sweeeeeeet

·
PC Evangelist
46,973 Posts
I would say its not worth it if all u do is music, and watch videos. You are not going to convent video for ipod in higher resolution then you did in the older one so it will be almost the same quality and getting something for just that is a waist of money. I used a iphone 4 for a week and had 3gs before that and at first iphone 4 looks very good and now it feels the same once you adjust to the screen quality.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Overclocker/Gamer
View Post

OLED (Zune HD) vs LCD (iPod). OLED wins. If he's just going to listen to music (zuneHD=better sound quality) and watch movies (zuneHD has OLED=better colors and has nvidia graphics which=better graphics), the ZuneHD wins.

Zune HD != England

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by melterx12
View Post

Not the same screen. It has the same resolution, but but goes from a super high quality IPS panel (ip4) to a meh quality high res TN panel (itouch 4)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKsMassive
View Post

really? D: why do all the charts say it does? even Wikipedia says it does and the pages is locked so that means it is all correct information.

Then wikipedia is wrong. The iPod touch has been taken apart, and the ram was physically counted. It only has 256mb.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

Not the same screen. It has the same resolution, but but goes from a super high quality IPS panel (ip4) to a meh quality high res TN panel (itouch 4)

Ouch. Definitely stay away from that. Without the IPS panel its worthless.

I would wait for Samsung's Super-AMOLED YB-MB2 pmp. Its basically a Galaxy S without the phone.

Or if you don't mind the bulk, for the same price as the iPod Touch 4 you can get a 7 or 11" Archos tablet running Android 2.2.

In terms of music and video playback Android has a huge advantage. It supports more codecs and more resolutions, and with custom roms you get a DSP manager:

You're waiting until Christmas right? If Samsung releases their YB-MB2 before then then get it for sure. Bigger, better quality screen, better playback, expandable memory, faster processor, faster graphics, more ram. Everything.

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
Get an HD2 phone on ebay for $350 and then hack android on it.

Not only will you have an amazing video/music player with tons of apps....bluetooth wifi ect... but also be able to use it as a phone.

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nburnes
View Post

Zune HD != England

what? xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriedSushi87
View Post

Get an HD2 phone on ebay for $350 and then hack android on it.

Not only will you have an amazing video/music player with tons of apps....bluetooth wifi ect... but also be able to use it as a phone.

noooooo im not buying iphones of Ebay from China that have Android on it!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
get a 1g 32 gb and save money

1 - 20 of 30 Posts