Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought it back in March or so, finished the single player, and did online until I got bored with it and quit at about level 10. And think what you want, but I got a lot more out of MW2 on the PS3 (at least back then, but I still like to play it).

I don't think I'm buying the expansion that's coming up, but nevertheless, should I go and try it again? Note that I already have plenty of other online FPS games that I actually like to play.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
It gets better when you get better guns + perks. The starters are so bad it's not even funny. Lvl 41 here.

EDIT A few of us here on OCN have started up a (fun, non competitive) group/clan called T-BAG. We have our own vent, and used to have our own server, but it was inactive too much to justify paying for it. Here is the thread: http://www.overclock.net/organize-ga...2-matches.html

The vent info is on the first page. You are welcome to hang out with us! Most nights, when multiple people are on, our vent server is one of the most fun things you can do with your pants on.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor_Jesus View Post
It gets better when you get better guns + perks. The starters are so bad it's not even funny. Lvl 41 here.
Agreed, it's ******ed that they designed the game to intentionally start you off without healing kits, ammo kits, or a defibrillator. If you link your other Battlefield games to your account though, to achieve veteran status, you do start off with those.

OP, the game is great. I've owned it for maybe 2 months and I love it. I used to trash talk Bad Company, but after buying it for $20 on Steam I look back and regret trashing it. I really don't rage much at this game, BF2 was definitely a rage-quit tempting game when both jets and choppers are being used by the same pilots through the whole round for an end result of like 40 kills and 2 deaths for them.

·
Registered
853 Posts
hell yes its a badass game thats addicting

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post
Agreed, it's ******ed that they designed the game to intentionally start you off without healing kits, ammo kits, or a defibrillator. If you link your other Battlefield games to your account though, to achieve veteran status, you do start off with those.

OP, the game is great. I've owned it for maybe 2 months and I love it. I used to trash talk Bad Company, but after buying it for $20 on Steam I look back and regret trashing it. I really don't rage much at this game, BF2 was definitely a rage-quit tempting game.
Yeah... I hate when a medic next to me dies, and I wind up picking it up, and not finding a heal kit. Raage

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by un1b4ll View Post
Yes. post haste
Double plat M60
/Troll

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
I tried playing the other day and the game just hurt my eyes so bad :/

Had to turn down brightness and game just felt so zoomed in until I adjusted. If mw2 had dedicated servers I would much rather play that.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Inb4BC2vsMW2fanboytrollfest

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [nK]Sharp View Post

Had to turn down brightness and game just felt so zoomed in until I adjusted. If mw2 had dedicated servers I would much rather play that.

Quote:

I own both, and can't stand MW2 one bit. It has such an arcade/non COD feel to it. I'm more into the strategic, tactical, squadwork, different classes to choose from type game. I even got it for $30 when Best Buy misprinted the ad, and regret wasting those $30 on that trash.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post
I own both, and can't stand MW2 one bit. It has such an arcade/non COD feel to it. I'm more into the strategic, tactical, squadwork, different classes to choose from type game. I even got it for $30 when Best Buy misprinted the ad, and regret wasting those $30 on that trash.
I understand. I refrained from commenting on the above poster, I don't want to start a flame thread and get this thing locked.

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Quote:

Gj making a troll post then :/

I just didn't like bc2 all that much and still found it pretty easy playing it last month after not playing since March.

Way to many snipers in the game still. Rather play mw2 because there is at least more challenges and things to do I guess (+ more guns).

I just hope bf3 isn't ruined and made into smaller sized combat like this.

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
i have trouble playing any other FPS anymore because i cant take down buildings or destroy cover.

Vary rarely are you doing the same thing, sure generally people use the same building, but eventually it gets destroyed, and so do the bushes you used to sneak by. the battlefield is ever evolving, instead of other games where the maps are tiny based on chokepoints and the snipers are always in the same spot and you really have to no way to flush people out of a building, or you are restricted from entering a building just because they dont want you in it.

There is no best gun in battlefield, every weapon has its uses, which is great, you dont out level guns, you simply get new ones to choose from.

it all depends on if its fun to you or not, only you can decide that.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
IMO, no. BC2 kind of bores me nowadays.

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
i have trouble playing any other FPS anymore because i cant take down buildings or destroy cover.

Vary rarely are you doing the same thing, sure generally people use the same building, but eventually it gets destroyed, and so do the bushes you used to sneak by. the battlefield is ever evolving, instead of other games where the maps are tiny based on chokepoints and the snipers are always in the same spot and you really have to no way to flush people out of a building, or you are restricted from entering a building just because they dont want you in it.

There is no best gun in battlefield, every weapon has its uses, which is great, you dont out level guns, you simply get new ones to choose from.
it all depends on if its fun to you or not, only you can decide that.
First time I've ever agreed with him, but he's right. The game has SO much more depth to it than any other shooter out right now, especially MW2. It's also much more spacious and doesn't just rely on choke points to win a game.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
Quote:

I understand. I refrained from commenting on the above poster, I don't want to start a flame thread and get this thing locked.
Lol, I'll take the heat for you

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [nK]Sharp View Post

Turn off bloom in the settings.ini.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I like it much better than MW2. MW2 is so quick pace, when BC2 takes time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts