Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
current build is in my sig. and there is a open box sapphire R9 Fury x at micro center for $580 (with taxes) should I get?

·
AMD fan
1,844 Posts
I'm having the same dilemma but i'll be waiting until July to see what's available.

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
Hold for Polaris or Vega, a 290x is quite capable GPU, it has been rebranded as 390x so you can hold more time with it

·
Premium Member
20,154 Posts
If sig is up to date . . . get more RAM even if it late in the game in investing on DDR3. OC cpu if it isn't yet.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iinversion View Post

I don't see how that is even remotely a good deal. You can buy brand new 980 Ti's for $620 and there are new GPU's right around the corner.

So no, you shouldn't buy it.
980ti yes... wait? No.

When the new cards come out, it will be the 1080 and the 1070 at launch... they're going to be priced like crazy at launch...

Get a cheap 980ti now... and when the 1080ti's come out in two years hop on that... problem solved... now go enjoy your 980ti.

·
Premium Member
20,154 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemama1956 View Post

If you want a Fury X, buy one. Not sure a 980 ti or Fury is recommended for an AMD CPU though.
+1 I hate seeing builds that are so imbalanced. Drives me nuts...... If you are going to get something like a 980TI then pair it up with a decent friggin CPU that can actually take advantage of the thing.

·
Premium Member
20,154 Posts
What the op needs (if sig is up to date) is more ram before anything else.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

What the op needs (if sig is up to date) is more ram before anything else.
Oh wow, I didn't even take notice to the RAM in his build. And yeah I would hope he's pushing that 8350 to a good clock if he's seriously considering an upgrade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts