Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at benchs and it performs better than the previous top dog, NH-D14. So should i get it? Im not really having problems with heat right now but it might help with OC, i have to keep my chip @ stock since it takes too much voltage to OC it at all, but i figure if i keep it colder itll OC better?

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
why can't you OC? have you tried to oc with it with the same voltages? Also I highly doubt it performs better although I haven't seen any reviews or benches, mind posting where you saw those?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Quote:
I highly doubt the results would be the same on a processor with a higher TDP and overclock/overvolt.

Your processor won't overclock much better if it's just a few C difference in temps. You'll be able to squeeze a few extra MHz out of it.

Your chip probably requires a lot of voltage to overclock because one of the unlocked cores isn't perfect.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
From a few reviews, this EVGA Superclock cooler can be an excellent performer. Coupled with a high speed fan, it surely can touch NH-D14. However, this all comes at the expense of the acoustic department as that single fan has to spin real fast. This downside might not be much welcome.

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by windfire
View Post

From a few reviews, this EVGA Superclock cooler can be an excellent performer. Coupled with a high speed fan, it surely can touch NH-D14. However, this all comes at the expense of the acoustic department as that single fan has to spin real fast. This downside might not be much welcome.

noise doesnt bother me, and even as an X2 it till cant OC.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Havent been in the air cooling game in a long while (since the TRUE was da boss) but to me this looks like a GREAT cooler at a GREAT price. It may be my next cooler tbch.

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will sell my CM 212 and get this, on ONE condition, if it supports push pull. If so then im getting it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoblikat;14253281
I will sell my CM 212 and get this, on ONE condition, if it supports push pull. If so then im getting it.
There are no holes for a second fan mounting clips on the cooler, but you could make something work with zip ties and/or tape if you're dead set on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts