Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the new warcraft X-pack is out i am getting crap for frame rates, should i get the gtx280 or wait for the next best card to come out?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
The GTX 280 Should be fine. I say get one, but even then maybe a 260 would be fine. I don't remember Warcraft being that much of an intensive game.

·
Expand Always in Always
4,596 Posts
It can depend on your res that your playing at as to if it would be worth it or not.I say gtx260/216 not to far behind the 280 when oc'ed,plus you'll save some $$.Fill in your spec's.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Its almost always silly IMO to buy the flagship model from any company when you can get much better "bang for your buck" in other cards. They are usually way overpriced because they hold the performance crown for either company. a few examples of good deals for nice FPS are the 4850, 4870 and the original GTX260.

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by max411
View Post

i play at 1680 x 1050 and im getting 20-35 fps. im looking to get like 60+

Is that Q6600 still at stock speed? Overclocking it will help a great deal

And the 8800GTX is still a nice card if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
That 8800GTX should run warcraft at max at that res. You either need to OC your proc or update your drivers. Somethin aint right.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SLI_Maniac
View Post

That 8800GTX should run warcraft at max at that res. You either need to OC your proc or update your drivers. Somethin aint right.

Seconded. Any recent hardware or software changes? My Dell Latitude can handle WoW maxed @ 1280 x 800. I also, would recommend cleaning and reinstalling your drivers. You may need to do a fresh reinstall of windows.

·
Registered
495 Posts
No, get 2 4830's they perform better than the GTX280 and 2 of them costs 200$

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AC_Smoothie
View Post

No, get 2 4830's they perform better than the GTX280 and 2 of them costs 200$

First off im pretty sure a striker extreme is NVIDIA chipset so good luck trying to crossfire on it. second buying two lesser cards in one purchase would be stupid IMO, buying a fast card now such as a gtx260 and you leave the option of buying another later when prices drop or when you need it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auld
View Post

First off im pretty sure a striker extreme is NVIDIA chipset so good luck trying to crossfire on it. second buying two lesser cards in one purchase would be stupid IMO, buying a fast card now such as a gtx260 and you leave the option of buying another later when prices drop or when you need it.

Lol ATI Fanboys. When will they ever learn?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts