Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Sure. Its a very nice cooler, I loved my H50.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd get the H50, it's much cheaper and they offer almost identical temps. You might want to search around about H50 and AMD mounting, though, I hear it had some problems with certain sockets that Corsair fixed with the H70. It will fit, but someone said it was "hard" to mount it on such-and-such socket (maybe it was AMD, maybe not.)

·
Pink Freud
2,694 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vhaarr
View Post

I'd get the H50, it's much cheaper and they offer almost identical temps. You might want to search around about H50 and AMD mounting, though, I hear it had some problems with certain sockets that Corsair fixed with the H70. It will fit, but someone said it was "hard" to mount it on such-and-such socket (maybe it was AMD, maybe not.)

actually the H70 and H50 get's almost identical prices once you buy new fans for a push/pull setup on the H50...
the fans on the H70 are already good fans, I believe, unlike the one that comes on the H50 - People usually buy 2 others and use the to make a shroud

·
Registered
114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EduFurtado
View Post

actually the H70 and H50 get's almost identical prices once you buy new fans for a push/pull setup on the H50...
the fans on the H70 are already good fans, I believe, unlike the one that comes on the H50 - People usually buy 2 others and use the to make a shroud

Ah, forgot about the fans, thank you

·
Registered
155 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vhaarr
View Post

it fits easily on AM3 socket
i had no problems at all

EDIT: i'm talking about the H50

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Heard that the H50's better so I'm going to get an H50.

Edit - Is the H50 really better? Please PM me.

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Overclocker/Gamer
View Post

No... H70 is better. I was skeptical but the thicker radiator makes a big difference.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
No... H70 is better. I was skeptical but the thicker radiator makes a big difference.
Oh. Well looks like I'm getting an H70 now. It only has a 4 star rating though compared to the H50.

Edit - I didn't hear some good things about the H70.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
yes, the h50 and h70 are awesom.

·
Pink Freud
2,694 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Overclocker/Gamer View Post

Temps on the H70 are better...
the H70's block is not as tall as the H50, so you can wind tunnel your rad easier

I think the contact area on the water block is the same, or it's at least bigger on the H70. But the rad is definatly better, because it thicker...

Listen.. The H70 is better, temp wise.
Money wise a raw H50 is cheaper... but you will want to push/pull it, windtunnel it or at least use a shrould... so after buying that stuff that already comes with the H70 they get basically to the same price

• Rep+
Reactions: Zhany

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
OK. Looks like I'll get the H70. Back to the OP.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Overclocker/Gamer View Post

h70 is better. i dont know where you got your info tho...just to correct your statement. stating the h50 is better is false.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yea, the way it stands if you're looking to get either the h70 or h50 get the h70. But if you already have the h59 theres no point upgrading, and the h50 works very well if you're on a budget

1 - 20 of 21 Posts