Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth water cooling my system? At the moment my 2x Zalman fans and stock CPU heatsink/fan are making a racket.I want to get a 3ghz clock on my Athlon 64 3400+ and a higher VGA clock. I was thinking about building it custom (i dont want a premade kit) such as a heater core off a car, seperatepump etc..what heater cores (over here they are radiators) could you reccomend? Has to be good value for money.Thanks,

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
I am not sure what is readily available over there but it is defiinately a step in the right direction, water cooling can be made to be pretty quiet if using the right fans. You will have better temps under load, not so noticable when at idle and you will be able to get a better more stable overclock, and that is what it is all about. You dont need much, a rad, a pump and a water block and some pipe and clamps, put it together and you are away, it is pretty darn easy.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Look here for places to buy watercooling gear from the UK. I am getting a new rig soon and am probably going either custom w/c, TT Big Typhoon, or if the OCZ phase change system comes out adn is good ill get that. If i go with custom watercooling id recommend (from what i haev heard from people on this forum) The Danger Den D5 (Swiftech MCP655) Pump, Swiftech Apogee for CPU, Danger Den Maze4 for VGA, Some tubing from hardware store, worm-drive clamps from hardware store, and a '77 Bonneville Heatercore w/o A/C. You can make your own shroud from tubberware containers for the heatercore (look here). Sorry i didnt have anytime to find links because i am busy right now but i can get u links later.

EDIT: By the way you can also make your own resevoir out of a container of any type by putting barbs on the sides and hooking up your system to it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I installed water in my rig over the weekend... I used to run a Thermalright SI-97 w/ a 92mm fan and 4 case fans... the water dropped my system 12C at idle and 15C at load... and is way quieter... the pc is now on top of my desk instead of under it.

go water.

- Tatusmi

·
Registered
683 Posts
Here are links to the items i suggested:

Swiftech Apogee CPU Waterblock

Swiftech MCP655 Pump (also know as Danger Den D5)

Maze4 GPU Waterblock (i couldnt find any links to a UK site listed so i used this on but i did not try all of the UK sites)

The '77 Bonneville Heatercore you can get at an autoparts store

Tubing and clamps can be found at a hardware store

You can make your own resevoir
(if you want one)

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
If you have trouble getting seperate parts just buy one of the Swiftech kits. They are about as good as it gets considering the fact that's really hard to get Danger Den parts in the UK.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys thats given me someplace to start. I did look on ebay and those danger den parts are real expensive. I'll order a pump and a cpu block, the other things i can make
will post before and after pics. I'll do some googleing and make a start

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Hey dude. The official UK distributor for Danger Den is Coolercases UK and you can find kits and seperate components..look here.

cheers and good hunting

edit : it also has a quite useful custom kit building selection page

1 - 8 of 8 Posts