Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently deciding between getting either the game one or HD 598. I'll be getting it mainly for gaming on my PC. I'll be using it with my onboard audio for now (SupremeFX onboard audio). I may decide to get a DAC later on but no plans as of right now. For my gaming, directional and positional sound quality is important.

How different is the sound quality between the game one's and HD 598s? Is it significant?

The other issue I can see going with the HD 598s is that it doesn't have a mic. I will have to purchase a separate mic. The game ones already has a great mic with noise cancellation. This decision is mainly on the sound quality though.

I hope anyone who has experience between these two products can help me out to make a decision. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
181 Posts
The 598s will sound better as they're dedicated to doing just that. Adding a separate mic can be a hassle, however. I had a set of Creative Aurvana Live headphones and a modmic for about a year or so. Absolutely loved the headphones. Absolutely hated the mic. Having to deal with a second cable is a pain and for all the hype the modmic gets, it's meh IMO.

I recently upgraded to the Aurvana Live 2 (integrated mic) and am liking them. One cable is awesome. Mic is solid and the headphones are excellent for music and gaming. The original CAL was a lot more comfortable, though
frown.gif

Not sure what price you're looking at, but if it's much over $100, I'd give the CAL2 a look. I bought mine about 3 weeks ago for $65
smile.gif

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacore View Post

The 598s will sound better as they're dedicated to doing just that. Adding a separate mic can be a hassle, however. I had a set of Creative Aurvana Live headphones and a modmic for about a year or so. Absolutely loved the headphones. Absolutely hated the mic. Having to deal with a second cable is a pain and for all the hype the modmic gets, it's meh IMO.

I recently upgraded to the Aurvana Live 2 (integrated mic) and am liking them. One cable is awesome. Mic is solid and the headphones are excellent for music and gaming. The original CAL was a lot more comfortable, though
frown.gif

Not sure what price you're looking at, but if it's much over $100, I'd give the CAL2 a look. I bought mine about 3 weeks ago for $65
smile.gif
Yea that's what I was thinking that adding a seperate mic could be a minor hassle that I could avoid. I'm pretty fixated on either the game ones or the HD 598s. I just need a confirmation I guess on how much better the sound quality is on the HD 598s over the game ones. If it's significant or not. Although I wouldn't completely mind having a separate mic whether it be a clip on or a table mic but that will also depend on how much they will cost and whether it's worth just going for the game ones, which already has a mic with noise cancellation.

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
the X2 fidelio is the best gaming headphone, i own the hd 598 as well. the x2 fidelio is more expensive, but you can pinpoint enemy footsteps easier, i get accused of hacking all the time lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts