Overclock.net banner

Should I hit the order button?

  • Yes

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No. Please explain.

    Votes: 11 50.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,483 Posts
I feel weird telling you to buy a 470...it just seems like a 570, or waiting for a 560 in 2 weeks, would be a better option. Everything else in the cart looks nice and if your current system isnt doing it for you and you have the money I don't see why not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
I'm still skeptical of SSD's. I still believe the price compared to actual performance is way off, just a marketing scheme.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
If your going to watercool everything later why bother buying a cooler now? just wait for the 560 to come out and see where that stands in the market.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
I agree with Zinxe.. I cant seem to find it in me to get one.. I get they are fast and all but they have so little space. The prices are still too high. get 2x500GB in a raid0 instead lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4V3_1987;11979260
I agree with Zinxe.. I cant seem to find it in me to get one.. I get they are fast and all but they have so little space. The prices are still too high. get 2x500GB in a raid0 instead lol
It will only be used for my OS and a few programs. 90% of everything will be installed to another drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
......

I think your referring to a 6950 unlocking to a 6970. Also coming from an ATI user their GPUs are a pain to deal with, the drivers are just terrible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,315 Posts
Scrap the ssd imo. 64 gb wont do much for you.

A pair of 460s are much for performance for your money. Dont listen to the whole 560s are coming. They are like twice the price for 15% performance increase. Ur call tho. Could get a better cooler depending on how long ur waiting of wc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.FBI;11979196
I feel weird telling you to buy a 470...it just seems like a 570, or waiting for a 560 in 2 weeks, would be a better option. Everything else in the cart looks nice and if your current system isnt doing it for you and you have the money I don't see why not.
How much are the 560's going to cost? If they are less than $300 I will definitely wait for them if their will be a decent performance increase between the 470.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmccullough;11979335
It will only be used for my OS and a few programs. 90% of everything will be installed to another drive.
I agree with you. I have a 40gb SSD and I love the boot times and having it. Maybe others say it isn't worth it but I have one and I am loving it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
order p67 pro instead evo. they are almost the same board.

and either gtx 570 or 560. new tech over old, always.

get 2600k only if you fold or encode audio/video, or a larger epenis. 2500k otherwise.

the rest looks good.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,501 Posts
Swap the WD 1TB Black for the faster, Samsung F3 1TB. Tad cheaper too. Everything else looks good. GTX 470 is still an awesome fast card. Especially overclocked.
 

·
Watercooling Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,811 Posts
ssds are great. I ran my 4 7200 rpm seagates in a raid 0 before I bought the colossus and it's like night and day. SSDs are soooo much faster. The computer just feels faster too after installing one
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top