Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Literally on the way to buy a GTX Titan for $1200 AUD..
Should i or should i not?
What is the general word on this card?
Please be quick.. Almost there hahaha.
Titan owners.. Speak now pls.

I never do single card configs.. Always SLI or CF. so eventually i will have two. An i wasting $$ ?
I game @ 1920x1080p / 120Hz

Thanks quick replys plsssss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
Well it's slower (albeit more consistent) than your 680 SLI...

BUT you could be all like "Damn boys, I have a Titan."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Completely wasting your money if you are running a 680 SLi setup and game at 1920x1080. Especially if you buy a 2nd one anytime soon.
 

·
lAptOp jUnKie
Joined
·
4,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renairy View Post

What is the general word on this card?
I never do single card configs.. Always SLI or CF. so eventually i will have two. An i wasting $$ ?
I game @ 1920x1080p / 120Hz
680 SLI is roughly 5% to 10% to faster than a single Titan @ 1080p. If you already have a pair of 680's, that's more than enough for you 1080p / 120MHz display
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBlahMan View Post

680 SLI is about 10% faster than a single Titan @ 1080p. If you already have a pair of 680's, that's more than enough for you 1080p / 120MHz display
thumb.gif
Definitely more than 10% faster I think. Most benchmarks give a 690 10-15% lead, and 680 SLI is faster than a 690.
 

·
lAptOp jUnKie
Joined
·
4,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by estabya View Post

Definitely more than 10% faster I think. Most benchmarks give a 690 10-15% lead, and 680 SLI is faster than a 690.
Well that's even better! wasn't quite sure...I just know dual 680 SLI is faster than the Titan @ 1080p
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Titan is for those that have surround setups or HD+ monitors. 2560x1600 and the like. It's just a waste of money at 1080p. Even at 120Hz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,746 Posts
Don't waste your money on the Titan, IMO....especially now you have 680 SLI....that will be a downgrade I think, paying more for less performance, Unless you go to SLI route, I don't see the point from buy a Titan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renairy View Post

And i feel like the dirtiest sucker...
I bet you'd feel better if you donated your 680s to me
biggrin.gif
I'll even pay the pricey international shipping
thumb.gif


Congrats though! That's awesome
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

Downgrade
Still pretty badass though. I mean come on, it's not the fastest GPU solution... but it is a Titan. More of a status symbol than anything
thumb.gif
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by estabya View Post

Still pretty badass though. I mean come on, it's not the fastest GPU solution... but it is a Titan. More of a status symbol than anything
thumb.gif
No.. No its not. I had 4 on preorder but came to my senses. You're going to be pretty peeved if it turns out the reference cards cant be unlocked for more wattage with a bios flash. Should have waited for the lightning or just added another 680.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

No.. No its not. I had 4 on preorder but came to my senses. You're going to be pretty peeved if it turns out the reference cards cant be unlocked for more wattage with a bios flash. Should have waited for the lightning or just added another 680.
Well just because you don't like it doesn't mean it was a bad choice for him. It's his PC, and he's a big boy. He can buy whatever GPU he likes.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top