Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been reading for a while about Folding at home and I might give it a try..

Watch my system specs, Will it get decent results at folding?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes! Any results are good results.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
You actually have a slightly better rig than me and I'm getting 5000PPD. (The work units recently have been high pointers but they take a long time. One the 383pt WU I get about 9000PPD).

You will definitely get good results at Folding on your GPU and CPU.

(I've only been folding for about a month on this comp(I stop folding to game) and I already have over 100K Points)

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Yes you will get good points with just the GPU. If you want while you sleep you can also fold on your CPU. If you Fold on all 24/7 you will notice an increase of 10-15% in your electric bill. Just a warning.

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
@OP-your rig is actually pretty good and you can definitely pull some decent ppd out of it. The q6600 gets somewhere around 2000ppd with one instance running, and the 260 gets around 6000ppd on 511's and 8000ppd on 353's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducrider
View Post

Been thinking of folding myself just need to get my old system back together.So my son can play games and fold the rest of the time.

You can smp fold and game at the same time, actually. I forgot to stop the smp client when I started up cod4, and I didn't notice any lag until I saw that my temps were too high.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts