Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a friend of mine got a psp for X-mas, apparently, he hates it. I tested it out and it works great(i want it) but he doesn't like it, so I offered to trade my PS2,games and controllers for it, he said yes, but should I trade? Is the PSP that bad? He'll give it to me with 3 games. I eithier trade it for the PSP, or sell it to him for 140$. I really want a PSP, but alot of ppl are saying it's not so great.

·
Banned
182 Posts
The psp may be pimped, but dont trade you're ps2. Just save for a psp, it dosent have that much games yet and its memory is expensive

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Wow that is an awsome trade, i would definetly do it, if you dont i will

• Rep+
Reactions: alan_14

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcstegg228

The psp may be pimped, but dont trade you're ps2. Just save for a psp, it dosent have that much games yet and its memory is expensive

I can't save up, I'm saving up for pc upgrades. to tyreland: yeah bro, but alot of ppl say PSP sux.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I tried it on several occasions and it is the bomb.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Don't do it.
PS2 is god.

Plus, I have played my friends PSP and I didn't really like it. The analog stick is crap and even the fabled GTA:LCS isn't good at all.

Seriously, keep your PS2, it is an amazing system.

NiK

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Also the PS2's soon to be price when the PS3 comes out: around $100

·
Registered
420 Posts
Good point ben.

See how long you can keep the deal open before doing it.

The main thing is, are you still having fun/using your PS2, does he have any games for his PSP, and do you *REALLY* need to do something portable??

NiK

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Yes, definetly get the psp, also the analog was only bad on the older psp's the newer ones are fixed.

Edit: One time i was going to trade my comp for a psp, my dad wouldnt let me though.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Good, I really hated the old analog stick.

Btw, ask the guy if his PSP is a version 1, 1.5 or 2.0. If its a 2.01.... thats not good....

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiK_0_0

Good point ben.

See how long you can keep the deal open before doing it.

The main thing is, are you still having fun/using your PS2, does he have any games for his PSP, and do you *REALLY* need to do something portable??

NiK

Yeah, my main reason I want it is b/c it's portable.I'm not always in my house, I go places

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiK_0_0

Good, I really hated the old analog stick.

Btw, ask the guy if his PSP is a version 1, 1.5 or 2.0. If its a 2.01.... thats not good....

why?

·
Registered
764 Posts
have to disagree with most of u thats a good swap, if he is considering this then he is probably bored of his PS2 like me, i have a PS2 laying round, wondering what the hell to do with it, plus PS2 sucks built of crappy parts. oh what do you think of my idea right opening the PS2 taking out the parts and just building a pc inside of it??

• Rep+
Reactions: alan_14

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedarklordjay

have to disagree with most of u thats a good swap, if he is considering this then he is probably bored of his PS2 like me, i have a PS2 laying round, wondering what the hell to do with it, plus PS2 sucks built of crappy parts. oh what do you think of my idea right opening the PS2 taking out the parts and just building a pc inside of it??

That's true, I'm bored of my PS2...

·
Registered
764 Posts
yeah i mean i got mine the year it came out you know, i think you should take the oportunity cos the PS2 will be worth nothing soon, especially when PS3 comes out ya know, plus your bored of it so i dont see the point.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan_13

Hey guys, a friend of mine got a psp for X-mas, apparently, he hates it. I tested it out and it works great(i want it) but he doesn't like it, so I offered to trade my PS2,games and controllers for it, he said yes, but should I trade? Is the PSP that bad? He'll give it to me with 3 games. I eithier trade it for the PSP, or sell it to him for 140$. I really want a PSP, but alot of ppl are saying it's not so great.

Waste of your time man my m8 has a PSP and well its cool and all the selection of game isnt to bad but trading your PS2 and everything elses is pointless you wont have near as much fun with it as you would your PS2

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Well I really like the PSP you can play games, listen to music, and watch video on it portablly, I love the video feature

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nvm, guys, his PSP got F'ed up, I went to see it and the thing that reads the UMD's won't read the games, his mom is just going to return it and get a refund.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I guess this doesn't matter anyway, but PSPs version 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 can be easily modded, but its "illegal" so I shant discuss it here.

Have fun with your PS2!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts