Hey guys, I have the AMD Phenom X3 8450 (2.1GHZ) I basically use to stream video to my PS3. Should I upgrade the cpu and if so to what. Rest of system is listed in profile I believe. Thanks in advance to all who reply
1. Pao and Silverpotato changed the cpu, thanks
2. Am planning on using Nero Media Home 4, and am format all media to a format that compatible to with the PS3.
3. I am using wireless at this time.
4. I have upgraded the HD in the PS# to 250gb, it's just sometimes I don't have the time to do the transfers to the PS3.
5. Why upgrade the Video Cards as I don't look at movies nor games on the computer?
If it is lagging or such, it is more than likely because of the wireless. How far apart are the computer and the ps3? What kind of router are you using? G or N
Is it possible to run cat5 to it. I would try that first and see if it is better. I use to stream to my 360 with my old computer x64 2.0 and it streamed fine.
Yes there is some stuttering of the video on occasion.
The router is set for B,G, and N I get signal strength reading of 73. I have the setup to sent through the house wiring, maybe I'll try that?
how speed would I gain in going from 2.1 to 2.8 (AMD 740)as that is the processor that was mentioned that I should change to?
Thanks again for your time and input.
A forum community dedicated to overclocking enthusiasts and testing the limits of computing. Come join the discussion about computing, builds, collections, displays, models, styles, scales, specifications, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!