Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of building an amd64 system next year, to wait for all the compliance to come out, and was wondering if it would be worth it to go ahead and get a new processor(p4 3.0 1MB L2) which im sure i will oc to at least 3.5 or so, or just wait and build next year.
would the larger cache really make the difference for the money?(and the xtra ~600 mhz)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
There is no point waiting for parts to build computers if ur going to wait that long. By the time you get to next year, there'll probably be something else coming out that makes you wait more. Just build a dual core 64 system. nothing is optimized for them yet so theyll last pretty long. And, the ocz phase change cooling system will allow you to get a pretty high OC later when ur comp isnt top of the line anymore.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,862 Posts
I agree. There is no point in waiting a year to buy possibly out of date parts. If your willing to spend that money now, which is about 400-1000 bucks I think, then you should either....

1) Upgrade it now! Don't upgrade now and then upgrade later, if your going to spend the money later anyways, why not get it over with and save yourself the money that you would have spent on the 3.0?

2) Wait! Wait till later this year or whenever you were planning on buying that 64 weather it be FX55 or FX53 or whatever, and hunker it into the new processor on the market.

Thats my 2 cents
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i'll be useing my tax return thats why im gonna wait a year
and i havent even looked at any 64 systems yet cuz i know in a year the top grade now will me middle weight then,
i was just wondering if that 3.0 with bigger cache will make a difference on my system, and its only like 150 for it anyway
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top