Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5850 is getting up to 81c during GPU tool testing for artifacts/errors. I really dont want to go WC. I that temperature fine? Should I change the TIM?

This is my 24/7 rig

update: increasing my fan speed to 40% brings the temp down to 71. What are good fan speeds for gaming and non-gaming? Is it ok to leave it at 40% speed 24/7? I cant hear it over the other fans that I have.

·
Registered
696 Posts
81c is not too bad but not too good. Graphics cards are made to handle those temperatures but exceed 110 C and your going to fry it. If you want lower temperature you can change the TIM but 81 at full load is not so bad. Take off auto fan speed because it makes the fan noise really low but increases temperature. I would say put it to 50% if its not too loud and you should see full load temperature around mid 60's.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well is it getting up to 81C in games or in a benchmark? Benches do typically get your GPU hotter than games will, at any rate that temp doesn't seem to high to me.

·
Registered
890 Posts
back when i was on air i'd just leave it on 30% while at the desktop and turn it up to 40-45% while gaming.

and ya its fine to leave it at 40% all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts