Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the fans be on top or the bottom of a Corsair H100i? The case I have is a NZXT H440.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
It really depends on your configuration. I had my system setup both ways and really, either is fine. I have not seen any big impact on performance either.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
Doesn't have to be on top. Like I said, depends on how you want thins to behave and the position you want it. In my system, my 105 is in the bottom with fans under it. Gives me extra length on the tubing and currently have it setup in a pull configuration vs push.

Edit:

The fans corsair provides with the H100i are really nice and can be used either in a push or pull configuration. Technically, when it comes to radiators, there is no "correct" way to mount the fans. As long as things are either push or pull, or even in a push/pull config (have fans on both sides).

·
Custom Loop Snob
2,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Xeb View Post

Doesn't have to be on top. Like I said, depends on how you want thins to behave and the position you want it. In my system, my 105 is in the bottom with fans under it. Gives me extra length on the tubing and currently have it setup in a pull configuration vs push.
I thought he meant from the top of the case position, which side do the fans go on the radiator.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,229 Posts
Doesn't matter. It really comes down to if you have room and how you want the airflow in your system. For me, I have a positive airflow setup. More air going in than going out. Top fans and front fan on my case pull in, fans are pulling air out on the H105.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts