Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Owner: What'll it be today?
Finalmouse: Give me that half-eaten, half-melted chocolate bar look.
Owner: Say no more fam.

Owner: How can I be of assistance?
Kana: Gimme that battle-scared but you still kinda want it cause the color-scheme is dope.
Owner: I gotchu.

Owner: What you lookin to get today?
EC2-A: I wanna be living embodiment of the lyrics to the modern classic "It's the Hard Knock Life".
Owner: Bet.

Owner: Anything in particular in mind?
Finalmouse: I..I just don't know, man.
Owner: Consider it done bro.

• Rep+
Reactions: Johan450

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The only weird thing I've done is tape my mouse cable to the top of my monitor. I swear it is infinitely better than a mouse bungee though. I get full use of my 400mmx320mm mouse pad without the cable ever touching anything. It actually gave me the though that I should start making mouse bungees meant to mount on the top of monitor and hold the cord approximately 40cm above the center of the mouse pad since my method doesn't really work with the monitor farther back or farther to the side or anything. I can't go back to a normal mouse bungee after using this. It makes even the g303's terrible braided cable feel like its not even there. Maybe I'll add a picture later.

·
Eh, Wha?
9,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1spe View Post

The only weird thing I've done is tape my mouse cable to the top of my monitor. I swear it is infinitely better than a mouse bungee though. I get full use of my 400mmx320mm mouse pad without the cable ever touching anything. It actually gave me the though that I should start making mouse bungees meant to mount on the top of monitor and hold the cord approximately 40cm above the center of the mouse pad since my method doesn't really work with the monitor farther back or farther to the side or anything. I can't go back to a normal mouse bungee after using this. It makes even the g303's terrible braided cable feel like its not even there. Maybe I'll add a picture later.
Stick a normal bungee on top of your speakers. Magic.

·
Registered
73 Posts
haha great fresh air intake on that finalmouse
thumb.gif

i just sanded off the bottom of my g303 and put steelseries glides on. getting more friction with them and i really like it. messed up the rear one though.

next step: set heat gun to 500°C and squeeze that shell into favored shape
biggrin.gif
:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fylzka View Post

haha great fresh air intake on that finalmouse
thumb.gif

i just sanded off the bottom of my g303 and put steelseries glides on. getting more friction with them and i really like it. messed up the rear one though.

next step: set heat gun to 500°C and squeeze that shell into favored shape
biggrin.gif
:D
Heating the shell .... ?

whoaaaa, that never even occured to me !

Does it work ?!

p,s: Maybe round of the sharp edges of the rear mouse foot ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusFleximus View Post

Heating the shell .... ?

whoaaaa, that never even occured to me !

Does it work ?!

p,s: Maybe round of the sharp edges of the rear mouse foot ?
if i try that, i would at least secure the title of crappiest mouse mod here. it would just melt and probably look like a ikari afterwards (no offense)
wink.gif

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusFleximus View Post

Here are some of my profesionally done modifications to increase grip, decrease button click stiffness, and increase mousefeet feedback when gliding -_-

What stupid things have you done to mice ?
Love it

·
Mouse Junkie
1,438 Posts
Razer DA 3G (v3)
  • Sanded down the top coat, and stripped the paint, made it transparent
  • Replaced the cable
  • Replaced microswitches to Omron D2F-01F's
  • Replaced the scrollwheel
  • Replaced the blue scrollwheel LED to a red one
  • Removed the other blue LED
  • Killed the top PCB, now waiting for another donor...
Don't have pics yet, I will post the thingy once it's done but it will take a while (no funds for the project atm).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts