So, lets see your home RACK! No commercial setups. Just the homegrown stuff. Fancy, neat, busted, what ever. Lets see it all.
Here is mine. Need a new actual rack, but the hardware in it is all solid.
From the top:
- Power switches. These power most of the rack. It is tied to one of the UPS units below. This allows for easy power cycling for network hardware.
- Patch pannel. Left side connects to the rack servers and the right side to the lines through the house.
- Unifi 24 port switch with PoE. Self-explanatory.
- Unifi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus w/rack mount. Manages the network internally.
- Unifi Network Video Recorder. A video server for Unifi Protect camera system. Currently, only have one camera on it. A doorbell cam.
- Router/Firewall. Moved away from pfsense to Untangle. This one is not free but has better filtering options. Especially for the little guy.
- Shelf with UPS units, modem, and monitor for console commands. This is temporary for the monitor. Looking for a rack-mount console for cheap.
- The last level is my file server/plex server and an old Dell server that is dead.