Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
*** is that? Rofl. powork?

If you're going cheap, you're going CHEAP.. as in.. made very poorly, as in.. might fail, and probably will fail within a short time.

Go with reviews from people who've gotten products that work, and continue to work. They may cost a bit more, but your CPU won't be shot when a surge comes down and your PSU doesn't care to stop the current.

Anyway, just my two cents.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
hahah $22 for a 600w psu.... hahahhaa. what a piece of junk. that think might power your system for a while but then it is going to fry itself and take your comp with it. you have to spend at least like $80 to get a reliable psu... and you dont need 600w

• Rep+
Reactions: dubz

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
it doesn't have very many connectors so it will make it harder for all the wires to reach the components (I know I don't make any sense), its not name brand, but the rails look ok from the specs..but like they said, probably won't last a month, if that

• Rep+
Reactions: dubz

·
Tinkerer of Things
1,820 Posts
I just checked specs, and it claims 24a on the single 12v rail...

And a Google search for "powork pw600 review" comes up with 14 listings, and none of them are reviews. That should be reason enough to avoid it.

·
Banned
16,364 Posts
Quote:
I just checked specs, and it claims 24a on the single 12v rail...
24A * 12v = 288W [or A] for 12v output / [insert PSU efficiency rating percentage here*] = total power used to produce 'A'.

still think its a 600W PSU?

·
Banned
16,364 Posts
the FSP you linked is a smidge better than the 'Clio. Neither has 'active PFC' or a very high amperage on either of the 12v rails. FSP at least has 18A on each, which should be a minimum considering GPU demands these days.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Not to go against the flow or anything but:

I think my friend uses that PSU to power his PC, (A64 3700+; 6800GS) and it works fine, no problems at all ATM. I know this because I've been to his house and he used that box to give me his old Aspire PSU in. (Which I must say, is also working marvelously on my AXP system)

Regardless, I would not trust that PSU though. It could blow any day (like my PowMax. see gallery lol). This Rosewill (gasp) PSU is actually very very good for the price. JonnyGuru gave it a 9 overall. It is a very good PSU (though it has no PFC, like most PSU's in the price range)

Hope that helps

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.