Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alarms can be nice...for idiots who need them!!!! My nice new Abit AI7 was doing all fine and well. I tried the suggestions about increasing my Vcore, Vmem and switched to a 5:4 ratio. Everything booted...pretty boring. So I go back to bios and up it from my stable 158 to 160. Windows booted but it appears that when the uGuru software loaded some stupid alarm goes off...and off...and off! It doesn't stop! I use windows to restart the pc...the alarm NEVER stops. I shut it off, let it sit and turn it on...same damn alarm. I have to clear CMOS in order for it to stop. So I restore my stable settings and boot back up and hit Abit's site. The only thing I find is a guys who had what sounds to be the same problem. He said the only way to et rid of the alarm was to go into the ".ini file" and change the lower fan speed threshhold from 2000 to 1000. I understand what an initialization file is but I don't have aclue as to wher it could be and how to change it. So I went into uGuru's Abit EQ to see if there may be a setting I could change. Since I am not using FanEQ to run the fans they are all maxed out. The sliders are set to 1500 though. Well I moved them, and as soon as I did the alarm started but then stopped...and then chirped a little and stopped...and barked and then stopped (with no apparent pattern). This of course continued until I shut down & cleared CMOS again. Anyone know what to do? Any clue as to why/what the issue is?

Also, where can I find my bios rev? I didn't see it anywhere in the BIOS and the post screen is flying by too quick for me to catch it.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
set abit EQ to not allarm and i think somethings wrong with the send in your fan i guess... i hate those stupid alarms...

on my install of it it defaults to 2.8Vdimm as alarm thats just lame for an IC7
why would someone pay 150 bucks for a mobo they arent going to use to overclock

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll start with that and see if it makes a difference since I did bump both voltages and I didn't think to look to see what it was reading...that would at least concur with the intermittant alarm when I reset. Now I remember that when I restored the bios settings I had put the voltages back to the high settings recommended (didn't know yet that I could save the settings as a kind of profile). Since the PSU does fluctuate slightly, the peaks could have been causing the alarm. Thanks.

How about that bios rev...any idea where I need to go to see where I'm at?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts