any overclock below this work fine and computer turn off power normaly

333x11 3.66Ghz 333x11.5 3.83Ghz
is fine

any ideas why this happens
i know my mobo is not overclock wise

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Sounds to me like 3.9 is just not 100% stable then? If lowering your overclock fixes the problem, then the cause IS the 3.9GHz overclock, or something related to it. I wouldn't think it would be memory, as you are not running a higher FSB (and presumably a higher RAM Clock) with the unstable 3.9GHz OC. Perhaps try some minor tweaks at 3.9GHz, such as loosening RAM timings, or upping vcore a smidgen (if temps allow).

Overall it seems like 3.9 is just not 100% stable...3.86 is still a nice OC though, well done

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for ur post
i'm trying to gain as i can from this cpu cuz i have gtx460
i won't lie on u it's not 100% stable

computer do everything i told him for about 3 days right now on 4.05Ghz
300x13.5 1.47500 vcore and other cpu related voltage as it is
temp is 38 idle 57 on 1 houre gaming
but with just 10 minutes of any burn test it fails
anything els is normal
i play games fine and watch movies my only problem is shutting down this computer

any ideas why computer don't power off
is it psu, motherboard or cpu voltage "termination .core .etc.
wrong config

hoping to see more ideas !!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
OK, well can you download prime 95 and do a stress test at 3.9GHz for me? If you can't get a solid 8 hours then I personally would not use that overclock for everyday use. One question too: When it doesnt shut down properly, do your overclock settings in your BIOS get reset?

Also I'm not sure about your CPU exactly, but my CPU which is from around the same time is only using 1.32vcore...1.475 seems like an awful lot in comparison, I suggest some searching to find the recommended maximum voltage for your CPU.

And to answer your last question: no I don't KNOW why it won't power off properly at that clock rate, I can only speculate. Honestly I would go all the way back to your 3.83GHz OC, run prime 95 and see if you can get 6+ hours without errors (on both cores), then go from there in tiny increments. Just applying some settings and then hoping they work won't make it happen, you have to take the time to find the right speed for your CPU, and accept that not all CPU's will make it to 4.0GHz+.

Good luck!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Try setting your settings back to default and see if it is able to shutdown properly. Also, 1.475 is a hell of a lot of voltage for that CPU. According to Intel VID Voltage Range is 0.8500V–1.3625V.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts