Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im gettin this board on thrusday shuttle AN35N-ULTRA and just wanted to know what can i do with with some 1 gig of ram pc-3200 ram and mobile 2600+ with volcano 11+ xaser edtion.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armend

ok im gettin this board on thrusday shuttle AN35N-ULTRA and just wanted to know what can i do with with some 1 gig of ram pc-3200 ram and mobile 2600+ with volcano 11+ xaser edtion.

Only way to find out is to try it on your own. Every Mobo, CPU, Ram, overclocks differently.

I'm sure you wont be dissapointed though, the board is great, the only downside I see is the limited 2.7 ram voltage.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Only way to find out is to try it on your own. Every Mobo, CPU, Ram, overclocks differently.

I'm sure you wont be dissapointed though, the board is great, the only downside I see is the limited 2.7 ram voltage.

I can't wait to figure this all out, Evil is the man
, after i get into this bios a little more i'm getting the mobile, thier under 80.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Those boards are pretty damn good, for the price, someone on this forum said that he bought that to replace his NF7-s and it basically shared the loss, and gain of most benchmarks (um... meaning it did about the same overclocking wise)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

i can't overclock this ***** that's pretty sad or i dont know how lol but oh well.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Some basics
To get anwhere with the OCing the voltage increase with the FSB( Front Side Buss and the multiplyer). The more voltage you increase the better the CPU cooling must be. Yours is pretty good so just watch the temps under load. 55c is maxing it and 50c and below under load is best. Extra fans in the case to get more air in and out is good too!
You can ususlly run that mobil at (to start) at a 200FSB with a 11X multiplyer. That gives you the same as a stock 3200+. AS% (Artic Si;ver 5) thermal paste helps transfer heat from the CPU to the HS (heatsink). Personally I prefer to let the system idle for about 3 days and the idle temps will drop 3-5 degrees celcius. Only then do I go for the OCing

The big question is what RAM do you have and what possible overclock can you get out of it.
You need to know the default timing settings and CPU-Z @ www.cpuid.com will tell you what you need to know about CAS, RAS etc ...
We need to know what the RAM brand and what timings you find in CPU-Z. examp CAS 2.3.3.6 the CAS is listed very plain, the other settings listed in my example will be displayed from top (CAS) then to bottom in CPU-Z. Or top to bottom = left to right.
You need to know the RAM timing to determine if you can run it past the rated DDR3200 (or 400Mhz). That is because if you run the CPU higher than 200Mhz X 2 or 400 Mhz the RAM will automatically be set to run at the same speed as the FSB of the CPU.
Examp. CPU FSB set to 210 = 210X2 or 420 Mhz so now your RAM is running at 420 Mhz also and if it can't run that fast the system wont POST or may crash. With the factory settings from CPU-Z we might be able to get the RAM to run faster by changing the settings and increasing the voltage.

On the RAM voltage statement from someone else. OCZ makes an gizmo that allows you to plug in a 4 pin moldex to increase and stablize the RAM voltage.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

i can't overclock this ***** that's pretty sad or i dont know how lol but oh well.

What exactly are you having problems with???

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

What exactly are you having problems with???

dude i know all that im new with overclocking but not that stupid..

well when i put 210fsb it just a big beep then restarts and gives me default clock at 200 you know

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

dude i know all that im new with overclocking but not that stupid..

well when i put 210fsb it just a big beep then restarts and gives me default clock at 200 you know

Try upping your vcore and ram voltage. What is your multiplier set at??? What kind of mem are you using???

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...144-605&depa=0

that's the mem i got i put the vdimm at 2.7v and i put the vcore at 1.75v the multi is at 11

Have you tested the ram in a different system??? I saw alot of people that had to RMA theirs, and it also said the ram needs high voltage to achieve it's

Taken from new egg: Great ram, runs 440mhz 2-3-3-6 @2.9v. Thats barely pushing this ram, only 7mhz overclock and it's sucking 2.9v's which the shuttle cant provide.

If you read the reviews many people say the ram is very voltage hungry. Everyone that mentioned their voltage had at least 2.8v. There was even a guy who said he couldnt get over 208fsb with anything less than 2.8v.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Have you tested the ram in a different system??? I saw alot of people that had to RMA theirs, and it also said the ram needs high voltage to achieve it's full potetial.

i think that's it becouse in the a7n8x-e deluxe mobo the vdimm goes at 2.8 and i can only go like 208fsb with that maybe u need something like a 3.0v vdimm lol that's huge but i think it's ok my brother is using that other im not im using this one which im using the geil ram on this what ram do u recommend to get a good overclock under 300 so i can sell this ?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

i think that's it becouse in the a7n8x-e deluxe mobo the vdimm goes at 2.8 and i can only go like 208fsb with that maybe u need something like a 3.0v vdimm lol that's huge but i think it's ok my brother is using that other im not im using this one which im using the geil ram on this what ram do u recommend to get a good overclock under 300 so i can sell this ?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...144-141&depa=0

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

how far do you think i could go with my asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard like i like doing 1:1 ration maybe 2.5ghz shall we say?

Yup should be able to hit 2.5ghz without much trouble. I was @ a solid 2.42 on my shuttle with a XP-M2400. I could boot into 230fsbx11.5 with 1.8v but wasnt stable because of my generic PSU.

XPM-2600 should OC a bit more than a 2400 and hopefully you have a good PSU/Cooling to handle it.

NOTE:I WAS USING PDP PC4000 Memory.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Yup should be able to hit 2.5ghz without much trouble. I was @ a solid 2.42 on my shuttle with a XP-M2400. I could boot into 230fsbx11.5 with 1.8v but wasnt stable because of my generic PSU.

XPM-2600 should OC a bit more than a 2400 and hopefully you have a good PSU/Cooling to handle it.

NOTE:I WAS USING PDP PC4000 Memory.

hmm i got 420 watt power supply this is the one

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...144-036&depa=1

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

I'm lost there, the listing doesnt show what the PSU rails are rated at.

Aspire PSU's arent top of the line but they're better than generic. I guess you'll have to try to find out.

it's 420 watt

1 - 20 of 24 Posts