Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my pet peeves with the current generation of mice is that the side buttons force you to move your thumb up, and thus closer to your index finger, if you want to press them. The best side button I ever used was on the Logitech Mouseman Dual Optical:

I never had to move my thumb far, and certainly never towards my index finger. Moving my thumb towards my finger while playing fps games throws off my aim so I tend not to use the side buttons at all.

I've looked pretty hard and I've never seen a design that's close to the Mouseman Optical in terms of side button position. Have any you by chance?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I hate side buttons that are placed above where the thumb goes. Was looking for mice with "ideal" side-buttons, but the the closest I could find with my Google-Fu were:

M.M.O 7 Mouse - The little round side-button seems to be in a good spot, dont know about the ones to the left and right of it, might be spaced out too much, depending on how large the mouse/hands are.

SteelSeries WoW Cataclysm Mouse

Logitech G600 MMO Mouse - I personally wouldn't use all of those buttons, but maybe map them out in clusters so it acts like 2-4 Side-Buttons.

There's also the Corsair M90 but... it looks somewhat awkwardly arranged. And also the Razer variants, but my Mamba put me off of the brand so I didn't list them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.