Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think I can get from my sig rig on EBay? It will be only the tower, and a 9400GT not the 4870. I am really hoping to get around 550 for black friday shopping but not sure if thats possible? Thanks guys.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,409 Posts
I have to be honest. I don't see it going for more than 400. Not because it isn't good stuff. But because it's ebay. You'd be WAY better off parting.

Case in point. I just scored a 9800GTX BNIB for a song.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the funny thing is, I seem to make MORE on EBay than parting out. The last rig I sold on there had 8 bids and went for 480 bucks. That rig consisted of an e5200, g31 board, 4670, raidmax case with LED lights, cheapo PSU, 4gb Antec RAM, and a 640gb HDD. That was about 5 months ago or so. I might part out, but then I will want more for everything to cover shipping.
 

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
make sure you remember the payment on hold ship now tragedy if you get paid via paypal
 

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktmrida4life View Post
?? Explain plz

Quote:

Originally Posted by paypal.com
Why is my payment being held?

Question : Answer : We hold payments to help make sure transactions are completed securely and that your customers are satisfied. A held payment will be released once we confirm that the buyer received the item or after a specific number of days.

If we hold your payment, the amount held will appear as "Pending" in your PayPal balance until we release the funds. You will still have access to all other funds in your PayPal account.

Find out more about payment holds in the Security Center.

This crap happened to me with over 1000 bucks worth of stuff so far, and is fairly annoying.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hitman1985 View Post
make sure you remember the payment on hold ship now tragedy if you get paid via paypal


Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktmrida4life View Post
?? Explain plz
Ugh, I just sold like $700 of crap (mostly software) on ebay and it's all being held, but I have to ship it RIGHT NOW.

Basically the buy can choose to have the funds held so you can't empty your account and so they have less trouble ripping you off.

With eBay taking 15% from a BiN listing, and paypal happily taking 5% of the total amount, I don't see how people still make money from eBay, it's getting crazy.
 

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post
Ugh, I just sold like $700 of crap (mostly software) on ebay and it's all being held, but I have to ship it RIGHT NOW.

Basically the buy can choose to have the funds held so you can't empty your account and so they have less trouble ripping you off.

With eBay taking 15% from a BiN listing, and paypal happily taking 5% of the total amount, I don't see how people still make money from eBay, it's getting crazy.
honestly dont know that one either, i remember back in 01 in germany my ebay auctions were 2 % and paypal wasnt even their main payment option, paypal is really starting to piss people off, for a 4 dollar transaction earlier tonight i paid approx 40 cents for them idiots to write a script once in their life... jp morgan is getting rich


but besides that, you have to stretch out the money for shipping, then wait for them to feedback you as sometimes it takes good ol usps two days to update the delivered message, then wait 24 hrs for paypal to give your money free and so on... i try to sell more over forums then on the bay for exactly that matter

@ OP honestly, if the pc i saw on the bay 2 secs ago is yours, it wouldnt surprise me why noone buys it
, if its titled gigabyte ultimate gamer pc or something
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
426 Posts
honestly, i use Ebay as a way to find a customer or a seller, and then we complete the transaction outside of Ebay using Paypal only. That way there is the safety of PayPal and no fees from Ebay.

Found an Asus G50V-A2 and an ATI 4870x2 that way, and sold an Asus G1Sn that way...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by hitman1985 View Post
honestly dont know that one either, i remember back in 01 in germany my ebay auctions were 2 % and paypal wasnt even their main payment option, paypal is really starting to piss people off, for a 4 dollar transaction earlier tonight i paid approx 40 cents for them idiots to write a script once in their life... jp morgan is getting rich


but besides that, you have to stretch out the money for shipping, then wait for them to feedback you as sometimes it takes good ol usps two days to update the delivered message, then wait 24 hrs for paypal to give your money free and so on... i try to sell more over forums then on the bay for exactly that matter

@ OP honestly, if the pc i saw on the bay 2 secs ago is yours, it wouldnt surprise me why noone buys it
, if its titled gigabyte ultimate gamer pc or something

No, my pc is not on EBay right now. The main thing I want is to sell it so I can get a laptop on Black Friday. That is why I wanna get rid of it quick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,773 Posts
I'd say do a 3-day listing and advertise no reserve (and therefore no reserve fees) just to get it gone before black friday.

You still won't have the money for a week, FWIW. Due to paypal's ridiculous holding.

actually, since you won't get any $ by black friday, I say try to sell it locally and in process save hassle of shipping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,344 Posts
ebay and paypal fees are outrageous.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top