Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the sig rig gone? I've been through many updates. I just noticed as I haven't been doing anything intensive where I was referencing the forum daily.

I am, going to attempt a new build soon, and just reuse my GTX 970 and Samsung 850 EVO SSD (2.5), scrap through the parts and build the ex wife a WOW box (either E8500, Q6600, or E6600) I figure the 920 could be some sort of server. I was going to keep the 920 up and running, and give the ex amd ryzen 1200 or 2200g rig; but then I got excited to see what an upgrade I could get for a little bit more money; scoping out ryzen 1600x, 1600, possibly 2600x 2600.

So not much of a rant or rave; but replacing my sig rig :p

·
Tinkers With Rigs
1,154 Posts
Wait; the EX wife?

I'd not build my ex a boat to float down the river Styx on :D

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
You can still do Rigbuilder but you can't display them yet. They are still working on things.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Due to it being an amicable divorce, and just paying the bare minimum for it without squabbling; she's agreed to let me keep all the tech stuff. I priced a build for 450 for her. When I got that far, I decided the money would be better spent on a rig for me.

My 920 was from 2008/09, with a new mother board to replace the evga bricked one within a year. I also had to RMA the dominator GT ram; but other than that it's been running everything I've thrown at it. I was going to upgrade from 6GB DDR3 to 12; but at this point I'd rather do a new build and buy "cheaper" Ram. I know RAM and GFX cards are **** for cost right now; but Price for performance for a ryzen build is awesome right now.

THx for the info on the sig rig bit; I miss it :p

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
I haven't upgraded in 8 years. I just spent $2500 on new parts to rejoin the master race. Where is my sig rig feature?

Why now, OCN?

I demand the means to brag now that I have nice things.

·
Car cheaper than computer
3,049 Posts
I haven't upgraded in 8 years. I just spent $2500 on new parts to rejoin the master race. Where is my sig rig feature?

Why now, OCN?

I'm so used to you having something rational to say in the news section that this has me laughing.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts

Why now, OCN?

I'm so used to you having something rational to say in the news section that this has me laughing.
What? That wasn't rational? ;)

·
3,049 Posts
What? That wasn't rational? ;)
Okay, rational and dry. There's like 10 people that I can respect purely on the basis of their ability to formulate a good argument and Mookster is on that list.

·
3,049 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts