Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my new system up and running. Haven't done much besides install drivers. Been monitoring my temps and my idle temps on the 2500k are around 40C.

Its pretty hot in the room but cant tell you what temp exactly until I get a thermometer to measure ambient room temp. I ran intel burn test and after 15 mins or so at maximum stress level my max temps were under 75C. They mainly stayed between 69-73. Not sure if my mount it bad because the max temps seem ok to me. I'm using stock intel cooler. What do you guys think..are my idle temps high probably due to high room temp and/or my load temps also too high? Also, how good is the thermal grease on the stock intel cooler? I need some alcohol to clean the original tim and install some gelid gc-2(comparable to mx-2) that I picked up. Hoping that brings the temps down. I will try to get a thermometer in the morning and post the room temps..

·
Registered
13 Posts
i haven't got a a solution to your problem but i would recommend investing in a noctua nh-d14 cpu cooler there round $108 but my god are they good i recently bought one and my idle temp was on 9 degrees and under fullload no higher than 27 degrees and made my whole computer run much much better to and now that ive overclocked it my cpu from 3.06ghz to 3.91 runs no hotter than 40 degrees oh and it looks freaking beast because the size

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=13232

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
not sure if you're overclocked. if you are then no thats not a bad temp. But since its stock cooling, I doubt you are OC'd but even then it is not horrible temps if your ambient is high. It's kinda hard to mismount the stock cooler but their thermal paste is pretty shoddy, good thermal paste isn't that expensive but since you already have some just go to the store and get some isopropol alcohol and clean it off

·
Registered
911 Posts
Your temps are safe but a little high nonetheless. I wouldn't be too worried seeing as you have the stock cooler which really isn't all that great. Get that water loop up and running and overclock THE HELL out of the beast that is the i5 2500k.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaky;14145531
Your temps are safe but a little high nonetheless. I wouldn't be too worried seeing as you have the stock cooler which really isn't all that great. Get that water loop up and running and overclock THE HELL out of the beast that is the i5 2500k.
bigeyedsmiley.png
Those are my intentions. beast of a cpu, beast of a case.. Think I'll call it the super beast lol. btw I'm not oc'd. not sure if stock cooler can handle it. Guess I'll go grab some alcohol. Forgot to get a thermometer.. used a normal one and its giving me about 33C
eek.gif
not too bad then almost at ambient temps

Thanks guys, repped.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_1
View Post

I'm going to be building a water cooling loop for this build. Until I get all the parts together I'll be running stock cooler and not wasting any money or upgrading air cooling.

This is me with my gaming rig, but i got good temps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.