Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A client computer has about 7 80mm fans, a mix of 2 atrix case fans, 2 mad dog fans , and four others, im guessing antec but theres really no ID.. all of em are transparent lighted....

What im asking is with this many fans, buying a bunch of those pc noise killer gaskets would be financial murder. Anyone know of any good materials or methods to use to reduce the deciblage of these beasts?

If we must go to quiter fans if someone could point me to the quietest... and most cost effective fan out there.. that would be great

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
You need new fans. Try Panaflos, they have the best sound to CPM ratio.
You may want to buy 10 Masscools if you have a tight budget. If you buy 10, it'll be cheaper than buying 2. (2 fans = $9~ 10 fans =$10 shipping included)

BTW, 30DB is quiet, but not silent.

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The massflows would seem ideal but i dont know the life on em... id get 20 if i were to buy em... just for future use and temporary replacement.. Also this particular customer has 2 UV cathodes in thier rig and i found Theese
Just browsing around.. any opinions on those? compare to massflows...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Heres an idea, get a better Heatsinkfan setup so you dont need 7fans. If you have 7 fans you need to do something better for cooling. Fabricate a port, or just get a really good exhaust fan.

Ive got 2 fans, an exhaust and a heatsink fan. And my overclock is excellent and whisper quiet when i want it to be.

If you friend needs 80mm fans, try silverstones fm82.

But really...7 fans? If its for looks just buy a cathode or something...

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Zalman has an 8 fan controler card thats viewed in windows, ie nothing to install in the drive bays... it's software based controls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts