Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just gonna see if there is any suggestions on my build i'm about to buy. This is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HIXM. I'm gonna replace the case fans with the silent ones. I'm planning to overclock my CPU too.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
No fan is "silent." There are some variations, but generally speaking the quieter fans basically spin slower. You can always make the stock case fans spin slower.

Gaming? You'll want a better graphics card, unless you play very undemanding games.

That PSU is not very quiet. Rosewill Tachyon 550W modular $75 shipped after rebate (exp.3/12) is fanless when cooling isn't necessary (either temperature or load controlled).

·
Registered
147 Posts
checkout maybe like the X750 seasonic PSU also. the fan isn't in use a majority of the time making it ideal for silent rigs... then you will need a silent case... with sound isolation padding lining the entire case... I use the fractal design R4... also has all rubber gromets etc for reduced vibration. u also need to not use a Hard Drive for ur OS drive... switch to an SSD. huge performance increase.. and no noise or heat...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts