Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it. Running LinX right now. The temperature is on-par with the XSPC rasa kit. It's actually lower by a few degrees right now. But my test with the Rasa was from last week, and last week was few degrees warmer.

TR Silver Arrow:
Current Ambient: 20C
Highest core after LinX: 61C

XSPC Rasa:
Ambient last week: 24C
Highest core after LinX: 64C

Corsair H50:
Highest core after LinX: 71C

In my opinion the SA wins. Why? Because it comes with two quality fans. No doubt the Rasa and H50 would perform better if I replaced the fans, but that would also make the net cost much higher. I got my SA for 79.99 and it comes with two TY-140. You really can't beat this value.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Was gonna get this, but no stock in my country

From what I've read, it's the best performing air cooling right now.. but... I think it's kinda look ugly? lol.. I'm considering other option such as megahalems or TT 120 Extreme for the look alone.. haha..

Is it really look that ugly? I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but.. that's a really weird blue color on the fan and the fan 'clip' just seems out of place, not sturdy..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arctia
View Post

Corsair H50:
Highest core after LinX: 71C

Is that with 1 stock fan, or with 2 fans, or what?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 stock fan, exhaust. Everything is stock to put things into price/performance perspective.

Tested on Core i5 at 4.0ghz. CPU-z shows 1.256vcore during full load.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's the 240 kit from FrozenCPU. The stock fans are obnoxiously loud.

edit: TY-140 is no doubt the quietest when compared to the no-name fans from the kit, and when compared to Corsair's stock fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts