Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
100+ fps
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using 2x Noctua P14 on my NH-D14 instead of stock solution since i've got it. One of them died yesterday, so i need to find a replacement
rolleyes.gif

Have anyone tried using 2x Silverstone AP141 on a Noctua NH-D14?

I have one AP141 @ my PSU right now and can get one more cheap. Got a PWN fan for the PSU instead (that i will connect to CPU fan header, so it will spin up during load, right now its 5v constant - Havent had any trouble tho...)

You think 2x AP141 will perform better or equal to 2x P14? Or should i just get a new P14 and let the AP141 stay in PSU @ 5v..

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
If youve got the stock fans just put it back on there. They are very good fans.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Stock d14 fans are dead silent which is good. They are not 'ultimate' cooling fans though, there are better fans on the market which will push more air than noctuas such gentle typhoons. Their noise levels are debatable.

·
100+ fps
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah but another problem is that P14 dosnt start with 5v. Using a fancontroller. So when i turn on the machine i need to turn up the voltage and down again for it to start spinning
smile.gif
All my fans run at 5v. But i guess i can live with that, did the last couple of years.. I will try RMA
smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.