Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright this time around i want to talk about SilverStone PSU´s
As always i wont talk about every single SilverStone PSU series it will simply take too much time and its time i dont have
So first off some SilverStone info
Founded in 2003, SilverStone is headquartered at Taipei (Taiwan) and has offices in USA and Germany.

SilverStone Technology provides computer enclosures, power supplies, and accessories.

SilverStone becomes one of first two PSU manufacturers in the world to receive NVIDIA® SLI™ certification.

First PSU i want talk is the Strider Plus
These are fully modular 80 plus bronze silver and gold depending on the model
OEM on the 500 watts is FSP
OEM on the 600 watts gold is HighPower
OEM on 750/850/1000 watts silver is Enhance Electronics





Next is the 3 SFX units the 300 and 450 watts non modular 80 plus bronze units made by FSP
And the 450 and 600 watts fully modular 80 plus gold PSU made by Enhance Electronics



Next is the old Strider Gold not the later Strider Gold Evolution just the Strider Gold

All of these are fully modular 80 plus gold rated units made by Enhance Electronics
Wattage is 550/650/750/850/1000 and 1200 watts

Next is the Strider Gold Evolution these are again just like the Strider Gold fully modular 80 plus gold units made by Enhance Electronics
Wattage is 750/850/1000 and 1200 watts


Next one is the Strider Gold S V1
These are again fully modular 80 plus gold rated units made by Enhance Electronics

Wattage is 750 / 850 and 1500 watts[/B]




Next one is the Strider Gold S V2
This series is a fully modular 80 plus gold rated series made by HighPower.

Wattage is 550 / 650 and 750 watts




Next is the SilverStone Nightjar 520 watts which is a rebrand of the fullt modular 80 plus platinum rated FL2 platform made by Seasonic

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Next is the SilverStone Platinum which is a fully modular 80 plus platinum rated series made by Enhance Electronics
Wattage is 550 / 650 / 750 / 850 watts with a 1000 and a 1200 watts on the way later.



Next is the SilverStone Strider Titanium which is a fully modular 80 plus Titanium rated series made by Enhance Electronics
Wattage is 600 / 700 and 800 watts


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Very interesting that this thread hasn't had much traction. I was looking at the Silverstone ST55F-G or the Silverstone Tek 600W. I think the 550W would suffice with my current components. I have the Silverstone SG10 case which begs for a shorter PSU + the use of the PP05 cables for sure. My HX750 is too big for the case which I'm using right now, but it is crammed in there.

My setup is in my sig, then I also have 2 fans going on the H60 and 2 fans on the side of the case with the possibility of adding one more. I might want to OC my i5 here soon since I want to get another year out of my CPU.

Do we know how the noise is on the 550W considering that its only 140mm.
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

Very interesting that this thread hasn't had much traction. I was looking at the Silverstone ST55F-G or the Silverstone Tek 600W. I think the 550W would suffice with my current components. I have the Silverstone SG10 case which begs for a shorter PSU + the use of the PP05 cables for sure. My HX750 is too big for the case which I'm using right now, but it is crammed in there.

My setup is in my sig, then I also have 2 fans going on the H60 and 2 fans on the side of the case with the possibility of adding one more. I might want to OC my i5 here soon since I want to get another year out of my CPU.

Do we know how the noise is on the 550W considering that its only 140mm.
i have heard some say it is louder then a normal ATX PSU

But i dont think it is anywhere near as loud as the SFX 450 watts

And many of my other threads are also stone dead

Dont know if anyone actually reads them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

i have heard some say it is louder then a normal ATX PSU

But i dont think it is anywhere near as loud as the SFX 450 watts

And many of my other threads are also stone dead

Dont know if anyone actually reads them
That kind of sucks to put the hard work in some of these threads as they go unnoticed.

Would you think this PSU is louder than my current one, the HX750? The Corsair hasn't been loud, but a few times I have heard some coil whine the last week which I think might have to do with me cramming this thing into this case. The side of the case doesn't close right due to the PSU. LOL!
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i where you i would wait for the Strider Gold S and some reviews and see how that one is

Or if you cant wait just grab a Strider Gold Evolution i dont think they are super loud

As for the other threads you can see how many there are
http://www.overclock.net/t/1431929/psu-index-thread
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

If i where you i would wait for the Strider Gold S and some reviews and see how that one is

Or if you cant wait just grab a Strider Gold Evolution i dont think they are super loud

As for the other threads you can see how many there are
http://www.overclock.net/t/1431929/psu-index-thread
When are the Struder Gold S slated to release?
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

When are the Struder Gold S slated to release?
Soon is all i can tell i dont know more then that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Soon is all i can tell i dont know more then that
I remember seeing something saying they were supposed to come out last month. Guess I'll think about it or go with the Silverstone ST55F-G. I do want to go mini-ITX next year and having a nice small ATX PSU for then would be good, plus solves my issue with this case.

Do Silverstone PSU's have high failure rates?
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

I remember seeing something saying they were supposed to come out last month. Guess I'll think about it or go with the Silverstone ST55F-G. I do want to go mini-ITX next year and having a nice small ATX PSU for then would be good, plus solves my issue with this case.

Do Silverstone PSU's have high failure rates?
No idea
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

I remember seeing something saying they were supposed to come out last month. Guess I'll think about it or go with the Silverstone ST55F-G. I do want to go mini-ITX next year and having a nice small ATX PSU for then would be good, plus solves my issue with this case.

Do Silverstone PSU's have high failure rates?
I own a retail store in SoCal, and we are a Silverstone Retailer/Distributor, The "Essential" series have about a 2% failure rate over the last 3 years we've carried them, the 'Gold" and "Gold-Evo" series (and we have sold over 200 in the last 3 years) we have never had one fail that was not USER caused. Really great PSU's if you ask me, my current build in a Caselabs STH10 incorporates one of the 1200w Gold-Evo's. I also have systems with the 850 G-E and a couple with the 600W Plus-Silver, its a nice TINY (only140mm long) PSU..

I hope this helps a little.

Regards, Jim.
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

I own a retail store in SoCal, and we are a Silverstone Retailer/Distributor, The "Essential" series have about a 2% failure rate over the last 3 years we've carried them, the 'Gold" and "Gold-Evo" series (and we have sold over 200 in the last 3 years) we have never had one fail that was not USER caused. Really great PSU's if you ask me, my current build in a Caselabs STH10 incorporates one of the 1200w Gold-Evo's. I also have systems with the 850 G-E and a couple with the 600W Plus-Silver, its a nice TINY (only140mm long) PSU..

I hope this helps a little.

Regards, Jim.
Thanks for the imput
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SilverStone Strider Gold S has been added
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,820 Posts
Very good info, was curious if my Strider Evo 1200w was decent or not, glad to see it's actually a lot better than i thought it was.

I'll be sure to consult your threads next time me or someone i know is thinking about grabbing a PSU
thumb.gif
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks and feel free to do so
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Hello everyone, I wonder if you can help me.

I have a SG08 and want to change the fan on the psu as its started making to much noise. So what do you think a suitable fan would be.

Cheers
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllark View Post

Hello everyone, I wonder if you can help me.

I have a SG08 and want to change the fan on the psu as its started making to much noise. So what do you think a suitable fan would be.

Cheers
You are aware that your warranty will be gone if you open up your PSU right?
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sory i cant help you

Think you will have more luck if you start a new thread where you ask then in here
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
550 watts SFX PSU from SilverStone pretty much confirmed
Also word that we might see a 600+ SFX PSU from SilverStone

Skip to 16.39 to see talk about PSU´s
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
41,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top