Overclock.net banner
7201 - 7220 of 7252 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Great thread; been reading it over the last couple of days and figured it was about time I shared my setup.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 oc’d to 4ghz
Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac
Memory: 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz
GPU: ZOTAC 1070 TI Amp edition
Storage: 1TB Samsung 960 evo NVME + 2TB Samsung 860 pro
Case: Silverstone FTZ01
PSU: SilverStone SST-SX500-G
GPU intake fans: 2x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM
CPU intake fan: Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM
Case fan: Noctua NF-A8 PWM
Heatsink: Noctua NH-L9x65 SE

Cable management is a little messy but it gets the job done. CPU idles at around 30c, jumps to 70c when encoding via handbrake. GPU temps are very similar at idle/load.

https://ibb.co/djR9qA
https://ibb.co/mz24OV

· Registered
3 Posts
RVZ03/01 best CPU cooler for i7 8700

Hello,

Right know I have a Cryorig C1 sitting inside. The temps idle at 40 and can be seen as high as mid 80's (because the GPU is not blower style, nor I want the blower since it literally shakes my case).
Has anyone had an experience with better cooler in this case?

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Over the last few months I've been building myself a new portable desktop in the ML08 case. I started this after finding a great priced M-ITX bundle on Ebay, containing an i7 7700, Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, 16GB Ballistic Elite RAM, 120GB Samsung M.2 SSD, and a Noctua NH-L9i cooler. Suspect the low price was due to an issue with the Mobo not remembering BIOS settings and the previous owner getting annoyed, but this was easily fixed by re-soldering the battery connector and applying some hot glue.

A few months on I have finally got all of the other components I wanted for the case, and have modded it to support a 3.5 HDD in one of the SSD spaces, and added an SD card reader on top. The PSU I'm using is a Corsair SF450 and the graphics card is a Gigabyte GTX 1060 I had in a previous system.

(HDD mounted using 3D printed parts. Had to drill extra holes in the case for mounting the right side, as well as the new 2x 2.5 bay. 2.5 HDD was just used in this shot for sizing)

(Modded the card reader to connect to the internal USB 2.0 header, and gave it a nice 3D printed enclosure. Also comes with a USB port that I use for my wireless keyboard dongle)

Now it is built and I am doing testing, I am noticing that the temperatures are quite high (getting 80c on both the CPU and GPU). I did my research when getting this case, so am not surprised by this, however as I have been modding it anyway I would like to see how much things can be improved by. On the GPU side I've got 3x 80mm slim fans on order to do the top exhaust mod I have seen a lot of members on here do, but on the CPU side I am unsure what's the best direction to go in.

As I already have an NH-L9i are there any mods that can be done to it to improve matters, or would it be better to just get a new cooler and try and sell it to get some of the cost back?

On the modding side I did a quick 3D print of a fan duct and can definitely feel it pulling air in from the side of the case (even with dust filter on) versus without, but I haven't done any systematic tests on temps/noise yet.

A few options I can think of to try are:
- Try the current fan as an exhaust with the duct on
- Try a 92x25mm fan as both inlet and exhaust with and without a resized shroud
- Try a 120x25mm fan as both inlet and exhaust with a size adapter
Has anyone done these tests before? Switching to a 25mm thick fan seems like something someone would have tried but I can't find any evidence online of it.

On the new cooler side, I have read that the Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B + Noctua A12x15 offers the best performance vs noise. Is this still true or are there new options now? Also, you may notice in the above picture that the RAM goes right up to the height of the L9i, which may restrict what cooler options I have available to me.

Really interested to hear your thoughts on this!

· Registered
2 Posts
Just a quick FYI- Silverstone list the max cpu cooler height inside the FTZ01 as 83mm; this is slightly off in my experience as I installed a Noctua L12S (70mm) tonight and I’m still able to use the NF-A12x15 I had fitted to the vent above the cpu. Granted the clearance is marginal but the lid comfortably slides back into place with a combined height of 85mm over the cpu. Temps haven’t hit 80c after an hour of maximum heat prime95 tests. R7 2700 oc’d to [email protected]

· Registered
405 Posts
Does anyone worry about VRM temps in the XXZ01 with an AIO when there is no direct air over them or am I being paranoid?

Anyone running some 40mm fans just in front of the motherboard IO plate blowing towards to mobo and PSU?

· Registered
3 Posts
So I covered the top of my case with blue painters tape then traced the pattern on to it using the other panel. Then I used a dremel to cut a similar style shape out. It looked nice but not as nice as having it laser cut. I wanted more airflow so I just cut out three squares on the top of my case. It'd be too expensive to have it laser cut.

· Registered
27 Posts
Comparing between ML08 and Node 202, it seems that ML08 has better thermal. Is there any reason why despite the similar layout while Node 202 could accommodate 2 extra fans for the GPU? I am deciding between these two cases for a Ryzen 1600 + RX580 Nitro+ build and would wish to get the best thermal.

· Registered
1 Posts
SilverStone RVZ01B watercooling

Hi all,
I recently finished my gaming rig inside a SilverStone RVZ01B and I want to watercool it (don't ask why, I know the case is not meant for it but I just want to do it).

Goals: No case mods and a custom water loop for both CPU and GPU.

I am asking here mainly for the experience of more advanced users. The problem (or I should better say, the first problem) I am facing is that there are no reservoirs for such a small case. Silverstone recommends this one: https://shop.bitspower.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3584 but I can't purchase it in my country and it costs about 500$ from Amazon, so it is a no. I myself found this one that could possibly fit: http://www.barrowch.com/index.php/article/280.html but I can't find a retailer either. This one from swiftech is too large (I made my measurements): http://www.swiftech.com/mcresmicrorev2reservoir.aspx.
So if I am not missing a product that will save the day I will have to go with a loop without a reservoir. There are a couple work arounds I know of (that will be a pain to bleed of course). Firstly I could use a T-Joint with a tube and a cap that will act as a small reservoir. Secondly, I could use a radiator with three holes, a cap and possibly a tube that could act simillarly. Lastly I could try building a reservoir myself (worse option)? I want to know if there is an alternative I am missing or else if you guys have any advise to offer concerning the DIY methods I am describing above.

Space A: above the PSU, can hold a reservoir, dimensions: 2,8cm*10,1cm(can be very easily extendend to 14cm with some flattening)*11,6cm (H*W*D).
Space B: between the PSU and the bracket that suports the GPU, can hold a pump or a pump+reservoir combo, dimensions: 10,1cm*14cm*5,4cm (H*W*D).
Space for the necessay cabling has been accounted where necessary.

https://imgur.com/a/0JVtHxr

The drawings at the above image are approximate to give you the general idea.
Thanks in advance!

· Registered
8 Posts
Cross posting from reddit/intel:

I've recently finished my 9900k mini ITX build and wanted to share the results for anyone intrested.I'm using the same PC case as I did with my previous build which was an i5 4460 and GTX 970 (upgraded to 1080Ti a year ago).

Running 5Ghz on all cores and AVX offset at 0.

Voltage is set to 1.248V and has been running stable for weeks now.

Cinebench score: https://imgur.com/a/GqngfsS

Max temp under full synthetic loads during stress tests is around 92 C at normal ambient temps.

PC specs are as follows:

- CPU: i9 9900k @ 5Ghz all core AVX 0 running on 1.248V stable

- CPU cooler: Cryorig C1 and replaced the fan with a Noctua NF-f12 industrialppc-3000 PWM

- RAM: g.skill F4-3200C14D-32GVR 32GB @ 3600Mhz CL15

- Mobo: Asrock Z390 phantom gaming mini itx

- PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum

- GPU: 1080 Ti with EVGA water cooling

- SSD 1: Intel optane 900p 280 GB

- SSD 2: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

- PC case: Silverstone Raven RVZ01

- PC case fans: Total 8 additional Noctua fans set to silent speeds

The reason why I have a mini ITX and this case in particular is because I travel >260 days per year and need to be able to bring my PC with me (see pics in the link below).

Link to pics of my build: https://imgur.com/a/dcvhKu2

Someone asked how it's possible that my PC isn't thermally throtteling.

As you can see in the pics the PC is a modded version of the RVZ01. I've added my fans and removed some flow restrictions.

Also, I changed my 1080Ti FE cooler to the EVGA hybrid kit and have the radiator fan (changed to Noctua PWM fan) blowing OUT.

This isn't optimal for cooling the GPU, but it keeps the heat out of my case and the GPU temps are still very good.

Another reason is that people are underestimating air cooling and the power of a 3000 RPM Noctua fan :)

One more thing: My PC case has some damage due to work related travels to Israel where their airport security decided that my PC was too high of a security risk and had it sent on a different plane with the rest of the suitcases. This is why it's missing the top and bottom plates.

Link to pics of my BIOS settings: https://imgur.com/a/Q7JaBt6

Hope this answers the question someone had about why I have a MP ratio of 10.01x in Cinebench.

Feel free to ask if anyone wants more info.

This post was brought to you by Noctua

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

Over the last few months I've been building myself a new portable desktop in the ML08 case. I started this after finding a great priced M-ITX bundle on Ebay, containing an i7 7700, Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, 16GB Ballistic Elite RAM, 120GB Samsung M.2 SSD, and a Noctua NH-L9i cooler. Suspect the low price was due to an issue with the Mobo not remembering BIOS settings and the previous owner getting annoyed, but this was easily fixed by re-soldering the battery connector and applying some hot glue.

A few months on I have finally got all of the other components I wanted for the case, and have modded it to support a 3.5 HDD in one of the SSD spaces, and added an SD card reader on top. The PSU I'm using is a Corsair SF450 and the graphics card is a Gigabyte GTX 1060 I had in a previous system.

(HDD mounted using 3D printed parts. Had to drill extra holes in the case for mounting the right side, as well as the new 2x 2.5 bay. 2.5 HDD was just used in this shot for sizing)

(Modded the card reader to connect to the internal USB 2.0 header, and gave it a nice 3D printed enclosure. Also comes with a USB port that I use for my wireless keyboard dongle)

Now it is built and I am doing testing, I am noticing that the temperatures are quite high (getting 80c on both the CPU and GPU). I did my research when getting this case, so am not surprised by this, however as I have been modding it anyway I would like to see how much things can be improved by. On the GPU side I've got 3x 80mm slim fans on order to do the top exhaust mod I have seen a lot of members on here do, but on the CPU side I am unsure what's the best direction to go in.

As I already have an NH-L9i are there any mods that can be done to it to improve matters, or would it be better to just get a new cooler and try and sell it to get some of the cost back?

On the modding side I did a quick 3D print of a fan duct and can definitely feel it pulling air in from the side of the case (even with dust filter on) versus without, but I haven't done any systematic tests on temps/noise yet.

Really interested to hear your thoughts on this!
Awesome! Your 3d printed CPU duct is exactly what that case needs! Would you be willing to share the file? :specool:

· Registered
3 Posts
Old Node 202 owner here to join your club! I'm really here just for saying that I love this RVZ03. It keeps my PC so much cooler AND quieter than my node 202 did because this thing can accomodate much bigger cooler than my node's Cryorig C7. I managed to get Noctua NH-l12 and just removed the bigger fan from the top of the heatsink and then replaced cases own fan wit noctua a12x15. It's actually impressing how silent this thing can stay with Ryzen 1600 stock clocks!

Here's my build if someone is intrested! https://pcpartpicker.com/b/rhLJ7P

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys, I need help! I have an rvz03 with a gtx 1060. I picked up a sweet deal on an RX 590 sapphire. I checked the measurements and it should fit no problems.

After removing my gtx, I slotted the 590 into the GPU bracket/holder. The bracket lined up fine but the 590 pcie connector won't reach the risers connection! What have I done wrong here or will this card just not fit? Is there a way to adjust the pcie connector on the riser so it's higher up for me to connect the 590?

· Registered
3 Posts
AirWitch

Hi guys, I need help! I have an rvz03 with a gtx 1060. I picked up a sweet deal on an RX 590 sapphire. I checked the measurements and it should fit no problems.

After removing my gtx, I slotted the 590 into the GPU bracket/holder. The bracket lined up fine but the 590 pcie connector won't reach the risers connection! What have I done wrong here or will this card just not fit? Is there a way to adjust the pcie connector on the riser so it's higher up for me to connect the 590?
The easiest fix is to buy a flexible riser. That's what I'm planning on doing. :)
https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Express-PCIe3-0-Flexible-Extension/dp/B01CEKN5VO

· Registered
9 Posts

The easiest fix is to buy a flexible riser. That's what I'm planning on doing. /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Express-PCIe3-0-Flexible-Extension/dp/B01CEKN5VO

Hi all, the first responder was right lmao the pcie connector got stuck to the 1060. Once I removed it and put it back on the gpu holder the 590 fit perfectly. The nitro card was big but it fit snuggly in the rvz03. With a slight under volt temps are better than the 1060.

7201 - 7220 of 7252 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.