Overclock.net banner
7221 - 7240 of 7252 Posts

· Holden34772
1 Posts
Hey guys,

firstly great forum, it was extremely helpful when building my ML-08B build and the creativity here is amazing.

have any of you had any luck replacing the GPU Riser cards? mine had a mishap during the last cleaning and silverstones response to how can i buy a replacement was we have no office in australia.
most of the cards i can find online are right angle connectors or cables.

while the gpu (rX480) still works , its very precise on its placement otherwise it wont initialize past the windows login.

any tips to the right direction would be very helpful.

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
Issues with riser cards?
I wanted to ask this to x570 owners, I have a Fatal1ty AB350 itx/ac, everything works perfectly with both riser cards

Hey guys,

firstly great forum, it was extremely helpful when building my ML-08B build and the creativity here is amazing.

have any of you had any luck replacing the GPU Riser cards? mine had a mishap during the last cleaning and silverstones response to how can i buy a replacement was we have no office in australia.
most of the cards i can find online are right angle connectors or cables.

while the gpu (rX480) still works , its very precise on its placement otherwise it wont initialize past the windows login.

any tips to the right direction would be very helpful.
Sounds like you're gonna have to order from the US

· Registered
13 Posts
Re:

I wanted to ask this to x570 owners, I have a Fatal1ty AB350 itx/ac, everything works perfectly with both riser cards

Sounds like you're gonna have to order from the US
You can order directly from Silverstone Taiwan. At least that's what I did when I melted the pins on my riser card. You can contact Laney Huang. Her email is [email protected].

I'm from the Philippines and Taiwan was a heck of a lot closer to my country than the US. Seeing as your from Australia, I think you would agree. It still took a month for it to arrive though as they had to wait for the item to get back in stock.

· Registered
553 Posts
Right , will post up some pictures and thread to messy build log but here's what happens when your wife changes the living room and your ATX case no longer fits in/inside the ikea hemnes desk cupboard..... You fit the ATX board in an ITX CASE!

Silverstone Tek thankfully heard my cries and mad plans and sent myself their RVZ03 case ( unfortunately black but was meant to be white), SX700-G as i had a huge 850w Bequiet Pro 11 coming in at 150x 190mm .

Aorus X470 Gaming 7 and RTX 2080 was sponsored a while ago from Gigabyte but might get a refresh .

^^^not a lot of space for either Silverstones slim 240mm CLC or XSPC 20mm XT range

Side panel will go plexi but will cut out a mesh grill for the GPU

· Registered
553 Posts

3x 92mm fans will sit at the bottom .

build log here

to solve the gap issue quickly. Modders mesh will fill the gap between front fascia and side panel with getting ahold of another top/bottom panel and trimming down and attaching to current to extend its length

will have to get onto 3d printing new ones

· Avid Memer
5,974 Posts
I ordered an FTZ01-E the other day. I'm finally moving on from my X58 system. Newegg had the i9-9900KF on sale for $419.99 and I decided to take the bait. I know rumors say prices may drop when the i9-9900KS comes out, but I won't be missing much performance wise. I should have all of the following Tuesday:

• i9-9900KF
  • Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX
  • 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200
  • Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB
  • SilverStone FTZ01-E
  • SeaSonic FOCUS SGX 650W

I'm salvaging the GPU and SSDs from my current build and using a 2TB FireCuda to replace the 3TB P300. I'll eventually replace those SSDs with larger ones, maybe around Black Friday. I won the FireCuda from a streamer on Twitch a little over a year ago and finally have a reason to use it.

Are the stock fans included with the FTZ01-E adequate for my components? I've been looking to buy some NF-A12x25 PWM fans but they're out of stock everywhere in the US. I plan on running my CPU at the lowest voltage possible to minimize heat. It's going to take some tweaking, but that's half the fun of a new build. I might even look to fit water cooling into this build at some point.

· Avid Memer
5,974 Posts
For the last few weeks, the Big Shuriken 3 wasn't giving me the temperatures I expected and it had been bugging me. Last night I reseated the heatsink and temperatures are finally within expectations. I was getting temperatures into the 90's while gaming before, but now temperatures spike in the low 80's. I was seriously considering getting a different case, like the Lian Li TU150, that can utilize a larger cooler or switching to Zen 2.

My only actual gripe with the FTZ01-E is the cutout above the CPU cooler doesn't line up perfectly. It would have been nice if the fans that came with the case were PWM. Overall, I am very pleased.

· Registered
16 Posts
Hey folks, I recently upgraded my graphics card to a 2070 Super. I’ve later discovered that Turing has issues with riser cards. Anyone using an RTX model? How has it been? I have the original RVZ01

For those interested. I've been running the card for a few months now with no issues. I'm very relieved.

Going to do an upgrade soon. I'm currently running an I5-8400 and I want to upgrade to another couple of cores. I've actually been using the stock cooler up to now fairly happily, but the I7 9700 obviously won't take that. So I think I'm going with the big Shruiken. My question is, do you keep the 15mm fan above the big shruiken, or vent straight out?

· Registered
1,310 Posts
Hello all. Returning to this thread after a while! It's time for my trusty 3770k rig to receive a rather large upgrade. I'm going 8700k and a 2070 Super (16GB 3200RAM).
The i7 is already de-lidded and lapped and will be sitting under a H55 cooler, liquid metal TIM and i'm going to swap the fan out with a Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM, Premium Quiet Slim Fan. My question is.. it this combo of cooling still the best choice or are there better options out there? Has anyone hit 5ghz @ 1.3v without overheating?

Failing the above i'm tempted to build in a Phanteks evolv shift and a much beefier single fan AIO.

· Registered
16 Posts
Hello all. Returning to this thread after a while! It's time for my trusty 3770k rig to receive a rather large upgrade. I'm going 8700k and a 2070 Super (16GB 3200RAM).
The i7 is already de-lidded and lapped and will be sitting under a H55 cooler, liquid metal TIM and i'm going to swap the fan out with a Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM, Premium Quiet Slim Fan. My question is.. it this combo of cooling still the best choice or are there better options out there? Has anyone hit 5ghz @ 1.3v without overheating?

Failing the above i'm tempted to build in a Phanteks evolv shift and a much beefier single fan AIO.

Hmm I was going to go with the Big Shruiken 3 for my 9700k. But you're tempting me with the H55 now. Looks like its difficult to fit in though?

· Registered
1,310 Posts
I've had one in my build since 2014. Once you get the orientation right it's fine.
Got a new addition a 120mm external USB powered fan for some push pull. I'll post pics one I put it all together tonight.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,310 Posts
Here's some updated pics of the build.
Not the neatest thing you'll ever see at the back but with how my PC fits on the floor it's hidden and sucks in lots of cold air.

8700k runs at 5ghz around 60C in games. high 80's in intel Burn test. That is delidded and lapped. Just swapped it out for a 9700k (for £30) so will report back how that does. Hopefully it needs less that 1.345v to high 5ghz like the 8700k did.

· Registered
16 Posts
Went for the big Shuriken 3 in the end.

My question is about the case fan placement above the Shuriken. I didn't think I would have room but it turns out there is, albeit 1 or so MM. So should I put the case fan above it?

Venting or intake? If its intakeing its going to be blowing straight down on a fan that's venting? So seems to make more sense to vent?

Edit: Settled on having the 15mm in the case with an intake layout. Have to set the fan curve a little more aggressive that I would like as its noisy, but going up to 80% keeps the temperature at 70c maximum.

Attachments

· Gamer
4,025 Posts
I can’t seem to find a picture online anywhere of a ml08 or rvz02 without the front plastic panel on. Does anyone have a picture that they could post? Please and thank you.

· Registered
3 Posts
I ordered recently ML08 to use as case for my file server. Not going to use a GPU so there should be room to mount 2 3,5" HDD and one 2,5" SSD, right? I would propably still have to do some modding to the case...

Edit: Yes, you can fit those. Had just to go back enough in this thread :D

Hello guys, just sharing my modded RVZ02. I needed to break some, drill a few and do a bit of bending to fit 2 3.5 HDD'S. I left one enclosure alsp for my SSD. Now it works like how i wanted it to be ???

· Avid Memer
5,974 Posts
Went for the big Shuriken 3 in the end.

My question is about the case fan placement above the Shuriken. I didn't think I would have room but it turns out there is, albeit 1 or so MM. So should I put the case fan above it?

Venting or intake? If its intakeing its going to be blowing straight down on a fan that's venting? So seems to make more sense to vent?

Edit: Settled on having the 15mm in the case with an intake layout. Have to set the fan curve a little more aggressive that I would like as its noisy, but going up to 80% keeps the temperature at 70c maximum.
I replaced the stock Scythe fan with a Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM. There's no case fan above the motherboard. I have two intake fans for my RTX 2070S, be quiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM high speed fans. I have those spinning a bit more aggressively to help keep the GPU cool because the GPU fans get much, MUCH louder. My temperatures probably aren't the best, but they're never a problem and my system is fairly quiet.

7221 - 7240 of 7252 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.