Overclock.net banner

Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club

1923760 Views 7251 Replies 896 Participants Last post by  LeandroJVarini
Hello! Welcome to the Silverstone RAVEN RVZ/ML/FTZ Case Club @ OCN!! There aren't many case clubs here at OCN dedicated to HTPC using this awesome case from Silverstone. If you would like to join the club, post some pics/ description of your build. Once we have enough members, we can become an "Official" club here at OCN.

Introduction:
Since the original RAVEN RV01 debuted in 2008, the RAVEN team at SilverStone has demonstrated many times how it can truly define or defy computer enthusiasts' expectations of what a performance PC is capable of in both form and function. For 2014, the team had a new target, which is to exceed and reshape the small form factor landscape with another breakthrough case design. The result of this effort is a new line of case products called RAVEN Z. As the first model, RVZ01 is unlike any SilverStone small form factor cases before it. Utilizing a PCI-E riser and custom designed fans, this slim, 14 liter case is capable of housing the biggest consumer graphics card on the market with superb air cooling performance and the ability to support liquid cooling*. Designed for use in either vertical or horizontal orientation, it can be placed comfortably in any space-constrained environment that requires a powerful PC. For those that have been waiting to make the move to small form factor computing with a truly standout case to build with, the RVZ01 is it.

Signature RAVEN styling touches
  • Support graphics card up to 13 inches
  • Mini-ITX motherboard & SFX PSU compatible
  • Maximum performance in slim form factor with support for liquid cooling
  • Positive air pressure design for excellent cooling/quietness and dust-prevention
  • Fits in nearly any environment with horizontal or vertical orientation

Official Website
http://silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=RVZ01&area=en&top=C

Models
RVZ01

ML07

RVZ01, ML07, 2x FTZ01 (unreleased metal case)

Coming in 2015, RVZ02:

GTX 970 specs from Lobos
Hi all!

I'm also looking into setting up a RVZ01-based system running a GTX 970. I've been digging around for information, including in this extremely helpful thread, but details on which GTX 970 cards are compatible with the case, and to what degree, are proving elusive.

From the RVZ01 Owners Build Components List and previous posts I get the following:

ASUS GTX970 Strix: can't use the graphics card holder and the corner of the card clashes with the power connector, requiring the power cable to be re-routed outside the case (any card whose circuit board or cooler sticks out immediately past the PCI-E bracket may have similar issues)

EVGA GTX 970 FTW: fits in the graphics card holder and has no issues

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB: fits in the graphics card holder and has no issues

Zotac GeForce GTX 970: apparently compatible, but no further information provided

MSI Geforce GTX 970: Fits in the case and doesn't clash power connector, but does not fit in the graphics card holder.

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming: cooler clashes with GPU bracket (can be fitted by modifying the bracket)

GV-N970IXOC-4GD (mini-ITX card): corner of the card may clash with the power connector?

MSI GTX 970 Gaming: fits the graphics card holder and can be installed with a bit of wiggling (just need to tilt the top part with the heatpipes into the case first), according to Slyce. Some other posters suggest that it shouldn't fit due to width (141mm).

So far the issues encountered have either been the cooler clashing with the graphics card holder or the corner of the card clashing with the power.

Reviews

User experiences
We have setup a Google Docs where owners can add the components and results / experiences. Thanks to user slayerrp!!!
thumb.gif

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZkvyW2lTZ2c90tzw_jH4ieyLfq6iyhQzNrgI2CwNEcs/edit#gid=0

Recommended Components
Power Supplies:
Air Coolers:
Water Coolers:
Look at Silverstone watercooling instructions also.

Custom Water Cooled Setup
1 Custom Water Cooled build by Djanice

Optical drives:
Mainboard, CPU, GPU, RAM

For those components you are pretty much free to choose the components that you like. Any Mini-ITX mainboard will do with a corresponding CPU up to the most highend models like Intels Core i7 series. Look for the Google Doc for user experiences as some combinations will not work or need modifications, which would void the waranty. Be aware of tall components on the mainboard that may interfere with the CPU cooler or CPU coolers that hinder the first of usually two RAM slot to be used.

For graphics cards you can use nearly any full blown highend card, as the length should be no issue. Some coolers on those cards may be higher than the PCI I/O panel on the back, that will interfere with the power socket of the case, like with a ASUS Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II in my build.

Club Rules
1: Add picture(s) of your rig.
2: Please respect other members.
3. Use Google Doc to add your system to help have a place to report your experience in short

Club Members
scorpion49
NikolajXH
CrAzY FiNgErS
Jimhans1
Drerex
gambcl
JimmyB0206
Legi0n
djanice1980
gregplive
Shurtugal
FOXBAT92
Frezo
Mariolillo
PikkonMG
RobH
ethanfel
Grennesa
tdelfin
tonicxo
tmaven
Gravytrain
funnybutrandom
Toade
whoanelly
bloodroses75
maggo
NsLm1
n3umw
Legtom - mATX mobo - http://www.overclock.net/t/1466816/silverstone-raven-rvz01-ml07-owners-club/560_40#post_22016336
RDilux
CrookedHauser
xXMaGNuSXx
Haydius
micnolmad
chhimp
yannis76
DocDigby
Ght10
Nerix
joeaguirre0
Vendari
Ice Reign
AndreaMG
Tir43l

Please PM me, if your component is not listed or you experienced incompatibilty for a combination of components. I will add your info to this thread.

Once a member of the club and you want to represent us, add the following to your signature. I suggest to link to your showroom post. (Permalink on the top right of the specific post)

Code:

Code:
[CENTER][URL=http://www.overclock.net/t/1466816/silverstone-raven-rvz01-ml07-ml08-ftz01-owners-club]:clock: Silverstone Raven RVZ01 Owner's Club :clock:[/URL][/CENTER]
7241 - 7252 of 7252 Posts

· Avid Memer
5,974 Posts
hello boys
i need to help
i build a pc with the rvzo1-e case
i need help for the heatsink of the cpu..i see the rainjintek pallas 140
is ti good ? is it problme with this case ?

kind regards
Depends on the CPU, but I recommend the Scythe Big Shuriken 3. It's short enough to allow you to put a 120x25mm fan on top. One of the best air coolers you can use in this case.

· Registered
2 Posts
New Ml08 Owner

Hello people,

Over the past month I've read through A LOT of this thread, but honestly not all of it, as it spans years.

I just bought a ML08 (used), my ITX mobo will be here soon. So I'm about to build!!

First I will build in it, test, and find the areas that need to be adjusted. (this thread has provided me with a lot of information regrading typical areas of interest).

My setup,
R5 1600 with Wraith spire (i'll be taking the shroud off)
ASRock Fatality B450 gaming itx/AC
GTX 1080 FTW

The main modification I'm anticipating is:
- GPU exhaust. I'll be following the "typical" route by drilling holes in the top of the case for GPU exhaust.
Some have shown this helps with temps overall, and some still have CPU cooling issues. So I'm thinking of making a modification to the CPU section as well, contingent on CPU temps still being high.

Optional Modifications to CPU compartment:

1. 120mm CPU intake. Either mount it outside the case, or remove the CPU fan, and mount the 120mm fan on the case
  2. CPU exhaust. Drilling a similar hole to the GPU exhaust at the bottom of the case. This would allow the CPU to intake, and this fan to pull the air out.
  3. CPU fan exhaust. I have seen on a reddit post where the CPU fan was flipped, acting as an exhaust with great results.

Any Suggestions, or experience with any of the optional modifications would be greatly appreciated. Are these modifications just completely out of the realm of feasibility, practicality or just plain wrong to do?

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello! This is my first post in this forum. I was reading a lot from this thread and helped me so much and thank you for that. I have a RVZ03 about 3 years and I like this case very much. I am trying to improve air flow of the case by adding fans to the bottom where my graphics card is located. My question is how do I remove top and bottom plactic parts? I see the parts that connects the parts to the chasis but I cant see any screws and I didnt want to force this parts cause I am afraid of breaking this plastic parts.
Thanks in advance...

· Registered
16 Posts
Hey folks! Sad to see that this thread is pretty quiet these days. I’m still rocking my RVZ01. She’s looking a but dinged by this point, and I have been covetously eying up the NZXT H1, but for now I’m sticking with it.

Just wondering if anyone was considering the 3080 Founders edition. I think there will be two problems, the back fan would be expelling hot air directly against the mounting bracket for the gpu, and I don’t think there is going to be clearance for the 8 - 12 pin adaptor on the side. Any thoughts?

Currently trying to resist blowing £950 for an H1 and 3080 😂

· G'day!?!
5 Posts
Well this thread might be dead, but I'm going to do my best to see if this case has any life for a high end build left in it in 2021.

FTZ01 on the way, have a G11310650-RT upgrade kit to give USB-C on the front as a nod to modernisation as the base, and a bluray drive for 'why not'.

Trying to gauge if I can fit a Asus X570 Crosshair Impact VIII without impacting GPU intake fan placement (DTX, only one person in this thread seems to have done it, but his pictures didn't have GPU fans mounted so can't quite tell). Otherwise likely a ASUS X570-I.

2 x Noctua NF-A12x15 fans to serve as GPU fan intakes. Pretty sure I can fit a 6900 XT into this, but a 6800 would fit nicer (2.5 slots vs 2 slots). Getting a reference card will be difficult considering the aftermarket AIB cards coming out but AMD apparently is still making them so will see.

And lastly, looking to try and use ID-COOLING's IS-60 EVO CPU cooler in likely a stack cooled situation with fans exhausting upwards (going against the positive pressure case mantra, but I can fit either 3x15mm fans, or 1x 92mmx15mm fan and 1x120mmx25mm with this cooler exhausting out and I think the stack effect might be useful here). Not sure about sandwiching two 120mmx15mm fans with 7mm clearance between the heatsink fan and exhaust fan between the two though.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello, everyone.

I just finished my first SFF build in the Raven RVZ-02 case!

Ryzen 7 3700X under Silverstone KR-01 (replaced recently by Scythe Shuriken 2)
Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming Wifi motherboard
16 GB oloY 3600 mhz ram
WD Blue 2 tb HDD
WD Red 500GB M.2 SSD
Panasonic/Matsushita slim slot-load bluray drive
XFX Thicc 3 Pro RX 5600 XT
Fractal Design Ion 650w PSU

The only 'overclock' is that the RAM is running XMP1 profile at 3600 mhz

Photos taken in bad light with Samsung Galaxy 8.

Some errors the astute may notice. Yes, I somehow plugged the pc speaker into the RGB header. This has been fixed. Cable management is crap. This has not been fixed, or helped by the replacement cooler. :D

Sadly, about three days ago, my just over a year old 5600 XT began displaying a new feature. When installed and powered on, it sends a long and 2 short beeps to the pc speaker instead of an image to the monitor. I am currently running on an old, rescued, ex-mining RX 580 instead, as being able to see what I type is infinitely preferable to seeing nothing. This is intermittent but the frequency was pretty bad, a daily or twice day occurrence. One theory is that the card isn't bad, just heavy enough to flex or shift the riser somehow. Any ideas?

Also included in photos - US size 12 sneakers, an under-desk printer stand turned workbench and a cheap nylon-string acoustic guitar used for lockdown-enforced lessons.

· Registered
194 Posts
Hello guys, I'm about to go crazy, I have an rvz02, an a320i-k and I bought a ryzen 9 3900x, two memories team group t-force vulcan "low profile", I would like to build this set on the rvz02, which cooler would you recommend for this setup?
Is there a watercooler aio, which I can use screwed into the case cover, without having to cut it

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys, I'm about to go crazy, I have an rvz02, an a320i-k and I bought a ryzen 9 3900x, two memories team group t-force vulcan "low profile", I would like to build this set on the rvz02, which cooler would you recommend for this setup?
Is there a watercooler aio, which I can use screwed into the case cover, without having to cut it
Nope, no AIO coolers will fit without heavy modding. Low profile air coolers are the best bet here.

I have successfully used the AMD Wraith Stealth (on a Ryzen 3 1200), Silverstone KR01 and the Scythe Shuriken 2 B in the RVZ02. The Scythe Big Shuriken 3 and the Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 (though Noctua advises not to) and NH-L9x65 should fit. Silverstone says that 68mm is the max height, but that extra mm can be managed to around 69mm.

Your A320 motherboard's a power mismatch with a 3900X too, but there are worse ideas out there. Check with the manufacturer for BIOS updates, as many 300 series boards need an update for the 3000 series chips.

The 3900X does not have onboard graphics, and I didn't see a GPU listed in your build. It is a bad time to buy, but you will need one to get video out.

· Registered
194 Posts
Thank you so much for that I love the people who frequent the oc.net always helpful, even though I have very bad English!

I thought about the AIO WC, as I saw a model from aseteck for sale in an online store in my country that used a 92mm radiator specially developed for Dan A4.

About the motherboard, it already has the BIOS for the 3000 series, regarding the power issue, it won't be used to the extreme, I probably won't even use its turbo mode, I bought the same as an opportunity. And I found it on a personal Russian website using the 5900x with a biosmod on this same motherboard.

I found raijintek pallas online, at a great price, I'm thinking of buying it, it has exactly 68mm in height, noctua in my country is extremely expensive with the price of a noctua buy 3~4 big shuriken 3 to get an idea of the price! or I'll buy a big shuriken 3, my biggest fear is precisely the issue of the memory incompatibility with the cooler because the normal vulcans are 37mm high.

About the video card I have a 1050ti low profile that I used on a pc only for emulators (I'm away from desktop for years, I was using only laptop), in my country the madness of crypto caused prices to rise up to 15 times above from the average of boards like rtx 3060, 3070 and 3080, I would buy a 3080 but with this high I will buy a 3060ti or 3070, I have an sf450 installed on the rvz02 but I have a sf600 saved for another project that I can use instead.

· Registered
3 Posts
Thank you so much for that I love the people who frequent the oc.net always helpful, even though I have very bad English!

I thought about the AIO WC, as I saw a model from aseteck for sale in an online store in my country that used a 92mm radiator specially developed for Dan A4.

About the motherboard, it already has the BIOS for the 3000 series, regarding the power issue, it won't be used to the extreme, I probably won't even use its turbo mode, I bought the same as an opportunity. And I found it on a personal Russian website using the 5900x with a biosmod on this same motherboard.

I found raijintek pallas online, at a great price, I'm thinking of buying it, it has exactly 68mm in height, noctua in my country is extremely expensive with the price of a noctua buy 3~4 big shuriken 3 to get an idea of the price! or I'll buy a big shuriken 3, my biggest fear is precisely the issue of the memory incompatibility with the cooler because the normal vulcans are 37mm high.

About the video card I have a 1050ti low profile that I used on a pc only for emulators (I'm away from desktop for years, I was using only laptop), in my country the madness of crypto caused prices to rise up to 15 times above from the average of boards like rtx 3060, 3070 and 3080, I would buy a 3080 but with this high I will buy a 3060ti or 3070, I have an sf450 installed on the rvz02 but I have a sf600 saved for another project that I can use instead.
The Asetek 645LC and earlier 545LC use 40mm thick radiators and a 15mm fan for 55mm of clearance before factoring in the height of the water block, the 90 degree fittings and the tubing, as well as the awkwardness of trying to mount it to the side of the case and manage the tubing when putting the side panel back on. They are marvelous coolers, but fitting one would be a nightmare. The Rajintek Pallas should fit. A Big Shuriken 3 can be installed to overhang the ram OR overhang the VRM heat sink and don't overlook it's smaller cousin the Shuriken 2.

My suggestion given the availability you mention is to try the Pallas, and if it works then you are set. Then come back and tell us how good or bad it was.

7241 - 7252 of 7252 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.