Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this bad boy on sale, literally 25% cheaper than ANY other 850 W Gold rated PSU I can find. Like, 15 Euros more expensive than an XFX Core Edition PRO850W. It's 850 W, it's got all the cables I could dream of, modular. I'm planning to upgrade to a new graphics card soon, something high-end, but probably not multi-GPU. Would this be a good investment, considering that I will most likely not be using more than 500 W during the next couple of years? Or am I asking a stupid question since my VX 550 should, theoretically, be able to support a 300 W graphics card (like an OC'd GTX 580)?

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!0HaZard View Post

Found this bad boy on sale, literally 25% cheaper than ANY other 850 W Gold rated PSU I can find. Like, 15 Euros more expensive than an XFX Core Edition PRO850W. It's 850 W, it's got all the cables I could dream of, modular. I'm planning to upgrade to a new graphics card soon, something high-end, but probably not multi-GPU. Would this be a good investment, considering that I will most likely not be using more than 500 W during the next couple of years? Or am I asking a stupid question since my VX 550 should, theoretically, be able to support a 300 W graphics card (like an OC'd GTX 580)?
The Strider Gold 850W is a very good unit, but in relation to your requirements I'd say it's a poor investment... if you can't think of anything better to do with those monies go for it.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoriginal Sin View Post

The Strider Gold 850W is a very good unit, but in relation to your requirements I'd say it's a poor investment... if you can't think of anything better to do with those monies go for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet-205 View Post

+1
OP, if you are not going for SLI/CF it is a poor investment.
Thanks, I have better things to spend my money on then. Well, unless I get CF which I have been considering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts