Overclock.net banner
461 - 475 of 475 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Let’s us what you end up going with either way! Be interesting to see what you do manage to cram in there.

I actually need to get a new GPU for my SG08-Lite LAN PC at some point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3 Posts
140mm fan. IS it possible to install 140 mm fan on top? According to Silverstome - yes. But in reality - I can't.. The holes is simply doesn't match . Does anyone havve experience in replacing 180 mm on 140 mm fan? 120 and 180 are matches.

· Registered
688 Posts
140mm fan. IS it possible to install 140 mm fan on top? According to Silverstome - yes. But in reality - I can't.. The holes is simply doesn't match . Does anyone havve experience in replacing 180 mm on 140 mm fan? 120 and 180 are matches.
It's been a while since I had mine set up, but I did use a 140mm CLC when I was running the SG08 (I re-found this thread as I'm helping a friend set up a new PC and I'm pushing him to go SFF, and I have fond memories of my SG08 [still in my closet, waiting for the right moment to pounce now that SLI is dead[).

I mounted the fan from the outside of the case, through the case, through the fan, and into the radiator threaded holes. I think I had to locally source slightly longer screws than what come with the fan originally, but this was ~7 years ago so I don't quite remember.

Hoping to re-join the SG08 club with my next build, who knows when that will be... Only problem is limited radiator space for a full watercooled loop (though I've seen the threads where it was done). 140mm is a stretch with GPU and CPU even with today's lower power systems, was fine for CPU only, but CPU+GPU means high temps.

· Registered
102 Posts
Hey guys, stupid question (!!)

I've googled and I recall discussion about an absoloute max clearance of 117mm for the cooler, on this forum, I'm pretty sure I've discussed it before.

Does anyone recall, if that's 117mm WITH the giant 180mm fan staying in the system, or by removing it? (I'd prefer to keep it)

Here's the choice of coolers I can pick from.

I am VERY annoyed that PC Part Picker, once recommended me a cooler which was incompatible with my tall memory.

Does anyone know which one of those coolers is best for memory clearance too?

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, stupid question (!!)

I've googled and I recall discussion about an absoloute max clearance of 117mm for the cooler, on this forum, I'm pretty sure I've discussed it before.

Does anyone recall, if that's 117mm WITH the giant 180mm fan staying in the system, or by removing it? (I'd prefer to keep it)

Here's the choice of coolers I can pick from.

I am VERY annoyed that PC Part Picker, once recommended me a cooler which was incompatible with my tall memory.

Does anyone know which one of those coolers is best for memory clearance too?
Hi! Sorry for my English, I'm writing from Russia.
I'll enliven the topic. I bypassed the CPU cooler height limit like this. I put Noctua NH-C14S. The fan from Noctua to the "down" position. Instead of the Silverstone Air Penetrator, I put the Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-18 - this is the only 18 cm PWM fan on sale with us. I just put it on top of the CPU cooler and glued it on the edges with double-sided tape. Now I have two fans for blowing: Fractal (18 cm) and Noctua (14 cm).
I replaced the Silverstone power supply (too noisy for me) with a Corsair SF750 750W - it does not turn on the fan when the load is less than 300 watts.
The EVGA GeForce GTX 3070 X3 ULTRA GAMING graphics card works in passive mode in idle mode.
I'm still experimenting with fans. But in this configuration (Ryzen 5800X + RTX 3070) I got absolute silence when working in Windows.
Idle temperature: 40-50c CPU, 39-45c GPU
Temperature under load in Cyberpunk 2077: 60-70 CPU, 65-75 GPU.
Perhaps I will cut a hole in the back for a 92 cm fan for a better air outlet.

In general, the case is excellent!
But I would add an additional blow-out fan and would like more vents on top. It looks like Silverstone engineers thought about the same thing and made Sugo 15, but unfortunately I didn't find it on sale.

If you're interested, I'll send you a photo of the current build.

Peace and kindness to all!

· Registered
3 Posts
The EVGA GeForce GTX 3070 X3 ULTRA GAMING graphics card works in passive mode in idle mode.
Hi! Did you manage to install 3-fans videocard in SG08? I'm thinking about upgrade my current RTX 2060 (2-fans) and the size and fit is main concern. Also the thickness of the card can be a problem - it can get caught in the case of the power supply.
Would be nice to see you photos.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I am also considering a new GPU. I currently have a nice little GTX 970, but it seems even the 3070 cards from zotax are a lot taller and that's probably going to be a problem.
Anyone else manage to upgrade the GPU to a 30 series? If so, what do you have? 😁

461 - 475 of 475 Posts