Overclock.net banner

Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club

1161914 3237

Looks like we have a refreshed SG05 which will fit longer GPU's without cutting out the front panel, straight from Computex 2014. Otherwise known as the Silverstone SG13 Prototype. Target price is $30, with no internal 5.25 inch drive and optical bays, space for GPU's up to 10.5 inches 266.7 mm), CPU Coolers up to 2.4 inches (61 mm), and ATX power supplies up to 5.9 inches (150 mm). The front intake is compatible with a 120mm-140mm fan.

Product Page: Link

Model

SST-SG13B (Black Mesh Front Panel)

SST-SG13B-Q (Black Plastic Front Panel)

MaterialMesh or Plastic Front Panel, Steel Body
MotherboardMini-DTX, Mini-ITX
Drive Bay3.5" x 1 or 2.5"x2 , 2.5"x1
Cooling System
Front1 x 120mm/140mm fan slot compatible with radiator(option)
Rear--
SideOversized vents
TopOversized vents
Bottom--
Internal--
Expansion Slot2
Front I/OUSB 3.0 x 2
audio x 1
MIC x 1
Power SupplyOptional standard PS2(ATX) Up to 150mm
GPU

LengthUp to 267mm
HeightUp to 130mm

CPU CoolerUp to 61mm
Net WeightSG13B:2.47Kg / SG13B-Q:2.43Kg
Dimensions222mm (W) x 181 mm (H) x 285 mm (D) 11.5 liters

Techspot: Link
OCAHOLIC: Link
Legion Hardware: Link

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Support standard-length expansion cards (10.5 inches)
  • Mini-DTX / Mini-ITX motherboard & ATX PSU compatible
  • Support 120mm or 140mm single fan All-in-One Liquid Cooler
  • Support 2.5" and 3.5" hard drives
  • Elevated standoff for motherboard back side components

Club Form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CGsPuEgZnXVo-GhJ18FtUvabvjmwKo9PsorOD3eK15Y/viewform?embedded=true

Club Form List

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yb7MUpgI9qfCCet-p5WRhsrTMynxEB3Mo9Lrhui5a84/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false
  • Rep+
Reactions: toker

Are you interested in this new Sugo SG13?

• Yes

Votes: 54 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.0%
2961 - 2980 of 3238 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
I can also find people saying that you can fit longer cards but they "can't be too tall" but nobody gives an example of the max height of the card.
There would be two restrictions on card height. The first is the top left side rail of the case. Tall very wide cards may hit this. The second is the cutout in the front of the case that allows longer cards to poke through into the front panel area, this cutout is limited height and may cause problems. Also an issue is the position of the PCIe power connectors. Sometimes the card will physically fit but the power connectors are impossible to get on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone confirm whether or not the reference design Radeon RX 5700 (non-xt) will fit? Looks like it is narrow and low enough to slip into that front opening but I was hoping someone could confirm? ... worst case scenario is I grab the dremel and remove a little material from the case... its only 2mm over the max length.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Generally the quoted absolute hard "maximums" for oversized cards in these cases are 53mm wide by 280mm long (requires trimming away plastic from the case front) by 129mm high. Your card should fit.

HOWEVER you also need to be able to get the PCIe power connectors on. This will depend partly on the physical location of the connectors on the card and also your PSU connector size and type, right angle connectors or an adapter may be necessary with some tall cards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can officially confirm that the reference model AMD Radeon RX 5700 (non-xt) fits this case. In fact it fits it like a glove with plenty of room for the power connectors... but if it was another 2mm longer it would require trimming the front plastic panel. You do have to take the panel off, then feed the card in through the side and partially out the front, then backwards to the PCI-E slot like a 3 point turn in a car... but then it fits perfect and you just put the front panel back on and it's like it was made to fit this case. I'm happy with my purchase...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am building a machine using this case for a private office.

Main goals are that it needs to be "absolutely silent" and mostly dust proof while also somewhat budget friendly.

It will use ryzen 2400G APU. Couldn't find noctua l9i anywhere in my country, actually only low profile cooler I could find that would fit ryzen and the limited space was akase nero lx2... Then I replaced the original fan with a noctua A12 I got a noctuakase frankencooler.

Main intake will be another noctua 140mm fan in the front side.

Here is my dilemma;

I can just do the no-brainer way and build it as is then psu gets dusty and noisy within a year or so.

Or the crazy way; use the psu as exhaust then reverse cpu fan so it sucks air from the cpu and blows it towards psu intake so all the air will have to go thru dust filter present in the front.

Has anyone tried something similar ? I am not sure how much heat psu can handle. It will get A LOT of air albeit a bit warm. Just wanted some opinions before I burn anything.

·
Registered
818 Posts
People have done it. Search this thread.

Things to consider:

1) The CPU cooling will be slightly less efficient
2) The VRMs and ram will get slightly less airflow
3) Make sure the PSU that you choose has a fan that is always on. A "quiet" style PSU that switches off the PSU fan is unsuitable with this type of case layout.

·
Registered
65 Posts
New build

New build update :D
ryzen 5 3600
rx 5700 xt reference
nzxt kraken x41 140mm aio cooler
4x 50mm fractal design r3 fan -> 4 slot fan hub -> mb
corsair sf600 platinum

cramped, tight fit, with good temps.
putting on the cover means adding 5-8 degree C to everything, still finding the solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
So the rad and the 4 small fans on top are all exhaust? Are there any intake fans anywhere ?
there are no intake fan.
the exhaust will suck air from ventilation holes. I drilled more holes on the cover and attached magnetic dust filters.
Still not working out well with the cover on. I need to figure out what cause the temp spike. my guess is:
1. there a small <1cm gap between exhaust and holes on the cover (top-side), which means, hot air might not be exiting properly and some got circulated back into the case
2. there might not enough holes for the intake

·
Registered
818 Posts
there are no intake fan.
the exhaust will suck air from ventilation holes. I drilled more holes on the cover and attached magnetic dust filters.
Still not working out well with the cover on. I need to figure out what cause the temp spike. my guess is:
1. there a small <1cm gap between exhaust and holes on the cover (top-side), which means, hot air might not be exiting properly and some got circulated back into the case
2. there might not enough holes for the intake
1. Buy some of that adhesive backed foam strip used to seal doors and windows and seal the gap. A bit like in the image below.

2. You probably need more ventilation on the side of the lid opposite the graphics card. There is only a small ventilated area at the rear of that side. This is intentional as if you are using a front intake fan most of the intake air would escape again out that side without cooling anything. In your configuration as much inlet area as possible on that side would be beneficial.

Interesting build by the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
1. Buy some of that adhesive backed foam strip used to seal doors and windows and seal the gap. A bit like in the image below.

2. You probably need more ventilation on the side of the lid opposite the graphics card. There is only a small ventilated area at the rear of that side. This is intentional as if you are using a front intake fan most of the intake air would escape again out that side without cooling anything. In your configuration as much inlet area as possible on that side would be beneficial.

Interesting build by the way.
thanks for the advice :)
for now i'm going to put some stacked foam double tape until it isolates well.
i will go look for door/windows sealer on weekend
here is some temp result after doing an hour of gaming with ambient temp of 30 degree C

1. cover off
cpu: 74 degree C
gpu: 84 degree C

2. cover on
cpu: 81 degree C
gpu: 86 degree C

3. cover on with isolation
cpu: 79 degree C
gpu: 85 degree C

Thanks again, it really is an improvement with the isolation.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I sold my SG13 build with a strider 500w SFX-L couple of months ago, but as far as I can rememer, my build was extremly quiet (people complained a lot about some rattling issues with this particular silverstone psu). I am building a new mini PC and I need to choose PSU, a quiet PSU ;) ... I have read a lot about SF450 Platinuim having ~22 Decibels on average. Have anyone used this PSU in SUGO? I am asking as I wonder if that build is going to end again with SG13 ;)

·
Registered
818 Posts
I sold my SG13 build with a strider 500w SFX-L couple of months ago, but as far as I can rememer, my build was extremly quiet (people complained a lot about some rattling issues with this particular silverstone psu). I am building a new mini PC and I need to choose PSU, a quiet PSU ;) ... I have read a lot about SF450 Platinuim having ~22 Decibels on average. Have anyone used this PSU in SUGO? I am asking as I wonder if that build is going to end again with SG13 ;)
I have the gold and it is fairly quiet.

Toms reviewed the Platinum and liked it:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-sf450-platinum-sfx-psu,5917-11.html

·
Registered
106 Posts
yeah, the average noise number I took from there. The problem is I somewhat can't believe/accept the fact that a 92mm FAN can be more quiet than any good 120mm fan. I might be wrong as my experience isn't great. I always went for as big fans as possible. Also "feeling" of how loud something works is often subjective. There is lots of information on the forums people stating that these Corsairs are all but not quiet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AHTOH

Hello to all! I want to build my first SFF system. Decide on the body and the question arose. According to the specifications on the Silverstone SG13 website, it will only support the installation of a dual-slot video card. However, if you check compatibility on the pcpartpicker website (https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/?compatible_with=dM8H99#c=447), you can see that SG13 supports the installation of ASUS 2070 super dual, which has a 2.7-slot video card. The question to you, owners, is it possible to install a similar video card in this case without its modifications?
PS. Sorry for my English )

·
Registered
818 Posts
Generally the quoted absolute hard "maximums" for oversized cards in these cases are 53mm wide (3 slots would be 61 mm) by 280mm long (requires trimming away plastic from the case front) by 129mm high.

That said you can never be sure until you actually try it. Among other things the position of the PCIe power connectors can be an issue even if a particular card fits physically.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Airflow and thermals in sg13 with reference 5700 XT

Howdy,

I just picked up a reference xt for way cheap for my build but had been planning on using the SG13 from start.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vTX8Qq

I was planning on placing the AIO in the front mesh and as an intake, flipping the PSU above the CPU as a 135mm exhaust so I get that nice airflow over the mobo (I suppose this would make the vent on the right side an inactive intake?)

I think that'll be solid for the cpu and vram temp, but I have concerns for the 5700 xt reference. Heard it runs HOT and blowers aren't the best, but I couldn't pass up the $297 price.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Howdy,

I just picked up a reference xt for way cheap for my build but had been planning on using the SG13 from start.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vTX8Qq

I was planning on placing the AIO in the front mesh and as an intake, flipping the PSU above the CPU as a 135mm exhaust so I get that nice airflow over the mobo (I suppose this would make the vent on the right side an inactive intake?)

I think that'll be solid for the cpu and vram temp, but I have concerns for the 5700 xt reference. Heard it runs HOT and blowers aren't the best, but I couldn't pass up the $297 price.

Any suggestions?
A blower GPU will be isolated from the rest of the sg13 airflow so the 5700 xt should pretty much run the way it would in any other case. The card is long with power connectors on top so double check it fits.

I am unclear what you mean by "placing the AIO in the front mesh" .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so I can officially confirm that overclocking with this case is possible and it does not require any liquid cooling whatsoever. My setup:
Gigabyte Z270-Gaming5
GTX1080 with blower type cooler (blows air out)
Arctic cooling PWM fan in front 12x25 (sucks air in)
Corsair SFX 600W gold PSU (blows air out)
i5 7600k with big shuriken 3 heatsink along with noctua a12x25 PWM fan (blows air out)
2x8 GB DDR4 RAM with OEM corsair heatsinks
Samsung 960 evo m2 nvme

Performed stress tests, none of the components went up more than 65 degrees celsius with a maximum overlock that mobo allows (1 profile for RAM and 4.6ghz for CPU).

Took me 2 years to finalize the build and find the best solution for airflow. If anyone knows any better options, please share.

Btw case is with the mesh in front and yes it is quite noisy, but since I always use headphones I don't really care. It is also worth to mention that the case sits in a small compartment within my desk, so the airflow around it is not perfect, but I am impressed with the temps. Also, there are no clearance issues or requirements to cut and so on.

2961 - 2980 of 3238 Posts