Overclock.net banner

Are you interested in this new Sugo SG13?

• Yes

Votes: 54 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.0%
3181 - 3200 of 3238 Posts

· Registered
828 Posts
I only want air coolers, no liquid cooling.

Is it possible to use a 5800x in this case without liquid cooling if I have;
  • RTX 3070 FE
  • Corsair SF600 power supply

If so, what air cooler and case mods would I need? Thanks.
You would normally use something like a NHL12S --- two configurations would work if you undervolt:
  1. 120mm exhaust fan on RHS of case, 140mm front fan as intake, the HS fan reversed and the PSU upside down acting as 2nd exhaust
  2. 120mm intake fan on RHS of case, 140mm front fan as exhaust, HS fan normal, PSU with intake facing upwards

HOWEVER the TDP of a 5800X is probably a bit much with a low profile cooler unless you undervolted and definitely no overclocking.

As for an overclocked 5800X you will need to either water cool it or do a major case mod and move the PSU to the front of the case so you can use a full height tower cooler.

· Registered
1,638 Posts
I used to own one of these cases back when it released in 2012, primarily a gaming based setup at the time. I was thinking of using one of these cases for a work based PC that would house a Ryzen 3600X with the wraith prizm cooler, 2 SSD's, a AMD R270 to power 2 monitors, and have a Seasonic Focus 550W that is 140mm. I currently have this entire build in a Corsair Crystal 460 and want to move it to a much smaller case.

Will this system run pretty cool in this case since there is no gaming going on and primarily productivity? Will the wraith prizm cooler also fit with a 140mm air cooler?

I do see that Silverstone has released the Sugo 14 and 15, but those are currently priced too high than what I want to spend for this build.

· Registered
828 Posts
I used to own one of these cases back when it released in 2012, primarily a gaming based setup at the time. I was thinking of using one of these cases for a work based PC that would house a Ryzen 3600X with the wraith prizm cooler, 2 SSD's, a AMD R270 to power 2 monitors, and have a Seasonic Focus 550W that is 140mm. I currently have this entire build in a Corsair Crystal 460 and want to move it to a much smaller case.

Will this system run pretty cool in this case since there is no gaming going on and primarily productivity? Will the wraith prizm cooler also fit with a 140mm air cooler?

I do see that Silverstone has released the Sugo 14 and 15, but those are currently priced too high than what I want to spend for this build.
Depends on your setup to some extent. If you use an AIO for CPU cooling and invert the PSU it will be fine and no hassle to setup.

Air cooling would be fine as well especially if you went with something quality like a Scythe Big Shuriken 3 or Noctua NHL12S though you need to think a bit more about airflow.

· Registered
1,638 Posts
Depends on your setup to some extent. If you use an AIO for CPU cooling and invert the PSU it will be fine and no hassle to setup.

Air cooling would be fine as well especially if you went with something quality like a Scythe Big Shuriken 3 or Noctua NHL12S though you need to think a bit more about airflow.
I am not doing any kind of OC, this is a build just for productivity. Would the wraith prizm cooler be fine in here? I would not be adding an AIO.

· Registered
828 Posts
My 2 year old pc, stock heatsink and 8cm delta fan, drill out back case.
Run very well any game on 68 - 80 temperature degree.

Ryzen 3600 - rx 590 sapphire pulse
I was considering at one stage removing entirely that entire section above the backplate with the little ledge (as it seems to only be necessary as support for an AT supply and not really needed for SFX) and replacing it with mesh.

Did drilling it out make much difference ?

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Is a GALAX GeForce RTX ™ 3070 (1-Click OC) compatible with the sugo sg13?

These are the dimensions of this video card:

Dimensions(with Bracket): 254*142*54mm
Dimensions(without Bracket): 238*128*54mm

I have doubts if this set of thickness and height fit in the SG13.

Thanks!

· Registered
871 Posts
My 2 year old pc, stock heatsink and 8cm delta fan, drill out back case.
Run very well any game on 68 - 80 temperature degree.

Ryzen 3600 - rx 590 sapphire pulse

Stock my 3600 would hit 80c easily. Its something with AMDs boost, it absolutely dumps voltage into the CPU and it stays warm at all times. The stock Heat sink is also trash.

I tossed a Gammaxx 400R in there and its prefect!

· Registered
828 Posts
Hi,

Is a GALAX GeForce RTX ™ 3070 (1-Click OC) compatible with the sugo sg13?

These are the dimensions of this video card:

Dimensions(with Bracket): 254*142*54mm
Dimensions(without Bracket): 238*128*54mm

I have doubts if this set of thickness and height fit in the SG13.

Thanks!
Probably fit but not as a straight slip in swap over, some case mods may be needed.

It will probably require modification or replacement of the LHS case top side rail. It is also unclear where the power connectors are on that card, though they likely are oK.

· Registered
68 Posts
Can anyone give me the exact dimensions of the mesh panel? I want to replace the front panel of my SG13-Q with a mesh and probably have to find someone to produce a mesh with those measurements as I can't find anywhere selling the front cover only.
I measured it like 214x148,5 mm but I am not sure I used a ruler not a calliper :9

· Registered
828 Posts
Can anyone give me the exact dimensions of the mesh panel? I want to replace the front panel of my SG13-Q with a mesh and probably have to find someone to produce a mesh with those measurements as I can't find anywhere selling the front cover only.
I measured it like 214x148,5 mm but I am not sure I used a ruler not a calliper :9
There are several 3D printable ones here

· Registered
68 Posts
There are several 3D printable ones here

Thanks but I only wanna replace the mesh part. All those printable ones are altered parts. I wanna get the original mesh cover but noone seems to sell it alone.
I already took out this part (a strong adhesive tape was holding it in place) and using it open until get a mesh cover. CPU temps were horrible while it was closed.

· Registered
6 Posts
I recently bought my sg13. My pc build: ryzen 5 3600, 2x8 3200mhz, rx 570, 450W atx psu, 1HDD, 1 SSD..
I have no change the settings on Bios except XMP profile. The PSU orientation is upside down.
And then i realized my cpu temp reach 95C on gaming & +-60C on idle.. theres any wrong?

Idk its a problem of case airflow or ryzen 3600 itself, because in previous atx build with 3 fans, the ryzen still reach about 89C

· Registered
828 Posts
I recently bought my sg13. My pc build: ryzen 5 3600, 2x8 3200mhz, rx 570, 450W atx psu, 1HDD, 1 SSD..
I have no change the settings on Bios except XMP profile. The PSU orientation is upside down.
And then i realized my cpu temp reach 95C on gaming & +-60C on idle.. theres any wrong?

Idk its a problem of case airflow or ryzen 3600 itself, because in previous atx build with 3 fans, the ryzen still reach about 89C
What cooler ? With an ATX sized supply the case is really mainly suited to an AIO water cooler. Also what do you mean by PSU is upside down ?

· Registered
6 Posts
What cooler ? With an ATX sized supply the case is really mainly suited to an AIO water cooler. Also what do you mean by PSU is upside down ?
Still on my stock cooler & i mean the psu fan is facing down to hsf..
I need more research to examine what the problem is before i decided to change something.. is it a cooler stock, a thermal paste, bios setting or anything else,
because it have a same temps even in my previous atx build.

3181 - 3200 of 3238 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.