Overclock.net banner

Are you interested in this new Sugo SG13?

• Yes

Votes: 54 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.0%
3201 - 3220 of 3238 Posts

· Registered
828 Posts
Still on my stock cooler & i mean the psu fan is facing down to hsf..
I need more research to examine what the problem is before i decided to change something.. is it a cooler stock, a thermal paste, bios setting or anything else,
because it have a same temps even in my previous atx build.
Airflow will be part of it.

If your stock cooler is sucking air from above and blowing downwards and your PSU is sucking air upwards and blowing out the back, they are fighting over air and basically will not cool at all.

These case were designed for 120mm or 140mm AIO coolers (though 140mm sort of no longer exist) however a HSF can be made to work. Generally speaking with this case you will need an SFX PSU if you are air cooling as the case is simply not designed for both an ATX supply and an air cooler. Option 2 below MIGHT work with an ATX no guarantees.

Commonly there are three ways to do airflow in a SG13:
  1. a low profile HSF blowing downwards and an SFX PSU sucking air from the outside of case so the air flow do not conflict. You will need at least 15mm clearance between the top of HSF and bottom of PSU. The front fan can be either exhaust or intake.
  2. a HSF with fan reversed and blowing upwards towards a PSU sucking air out of the case . You might get away with an ATX PSU with this arrangement. The front fan will need to be intake
  3. AIO as intake at front and exhausting via PSU sucking air out of the case

Basically if you want to air cool and also use the PSU to suck air out of the case you will need to flip the fan over on the HSF so it blows upwards towards the PSU instead of down towards the motherboard.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone,

Brand new PC builder(well hopefully, I'm going to make the attempt). I had a question about graphic cards for this case. I found a build on youtube and pretty much based mine off of that with some people offering suggestions that seemed logical. This was going to be my build until the person selling me the GPU backed out today and refunded me via Paypal (some have criticized both the price I was paying and the GPU itself, but the youtuber I saw used it and I'm new soooo...)

So now I need a GPU. With the shortage and high prices, does anyone have a reasonable recommendation for my first gaming PC build? I also saw there is a new GPU going on sale Thursday (RTX 3060). Would it be possible to grab one of them if I'm refreshing web pages every second, and would it be worth it to try? Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the help!

BTW here was the youtube build I had found...

· Registered
6 Posts
Airflow will be part of it.

If your stock cooler is sucking air from above and blowing downwards and your PSU is sucking air upwards and blowing out the back, they are fighting over air and basically will not cool at all.

These case were designed for 120mm or 140mm AIO coolers (though 140mm sort of no longer exist) however a HSF can be made to work. Generally speaking with this case you will need an SFX PSU if you are air cooling as the case is simply not designed for both an ATX supply and an air cooler. Option 2 below MIGHT work with an ATX no guarantees.

Commonly there are three ways to do airflow in a SG13:
  1. a low profile HSF blowing downwards and an SFX PSU sucking air from the outside of case so the air flow do not conflict. You will need at least 15mm clearance between the top of HSF and bottom of PSU. The front fan can be either exhaust or intake.
  2. a HSF with fan reversed and blowing upwards towards a PSU sucking air out of the case . You might get away with an ATX PSU with this arrangement. The front fan will need to be intake
  3. AIO as intake at front and exhausting via PSU sucking air out of the case

Basically if you want to air cool and also use the PSU to suck air out of the case you will need to flip the fan over on the HSF so it blows upwards towards the PSU instead of down towards the motherboard.
Man, your explanation really insight me!
Im not really getting into aio, considering im plan to having mobility with this case (unless i know how to maintenance aio), so im going to option 1 & 2.

1. If im using atx, will it still work? I think this is a short plan to me
2. If i choose it, What the best reversed hsf out there? Im really newbie about this. I just research and found Id cooling is 47, but im not sure

For now im using arctic p14 pwm as front fan & planning use 120mm fans because it block my drive cage & pushing my gpu board.
What is your recommend for 120mm fan? I know noctua is the best, but if i can get another fan with similar performance but cheaper, ill not buy noctua. But if noctua is the mandatory choice, what is better, nf f12 or a12?

Thanks anyway

· Registered
68 Posts
Man, your explanation really insight me!
Im not really getting into aio, considering im plan to having mobility with this case (unless i know how to maintenance aio), so im going to option 1 & 2.

1. If im using atx, will it still work? I think this is a short plan to me
2. If i choose it, What the best reversed hsf out there? Im really newbie about this. I just research and found Id cooling is 47, but im not sure

For now im using arctic p14 pwm as front fan & planning use 120mm fans because it block my drive cage & pushing my gpu board.
What is your recommend for 120mm fan? I know noctua is the best, but if i can get another fan with similar performance but cheaper, ill not buy noctua. But if noctua is the mandatory choice, what is better, nf f12 or a12?

Thanks anyway

This might be the best to use with an atx psu.

· Registered
828 Posts
With an ATX I would go for option 2 using a NH-L12 like Devoker recommends, with the fan under the heatsink mounted so it blows air upwards towards the PSU.

Mount the ATX PSU so that is sucking the hot air from the HSF out of the case.

The front fan can be any 120mm that has good cfm and should be an intake blowing air towards the CPU and HSF, you probably should go for a high flow fan rather than high pressure. Check what ones are available in your price range and look up reviews for them.

· Registered
828 Posts
Hey everyone,

Brand new PC builder(well hopefully, I'm going to make the attempt). I had a question about graphic cards for this case. I found a build on youtube and pretty much based mine off of that with some people offering suggestions that seemed logical. This was going to be my build until the person selling me the GPU backed out today and refunded me via Paypal (some have criticized both the price I was paying and the GPU itself, but the youtuber I saw used it and I'm new soooo...)

So now I need a GPU. With the shortage and high prices, does anyone have a reasonable recommendation for my first gaming PC build? I also saw there is a new GPU going on sale Thursday (RTX 3060). Would it be possible to grab one of them if I'm refreshing web pages every second, and would it be worth it to try? Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the help!

BTW here was the youtube build I had found...

An RTX 3060 is substantially faster than the 1660 in your original build but will also cost 3 or 4 times more.

this might be worth a watch

· Registered
6 Posts
With an ATX I would go for option 2 using a NH-L12 like Devoker recommends, with the fan under the heatsink mounted so it blows air upwards towards the PSU.

Mount the ATX PSU so that is sucking the hot air from the HSF out of the case.

The front fan can be any 120mm that has good cfm and should be an intake blowing air towards the CPU and HSF, you probably should go for a high flow fan rather than high pressure. Check what ones are available in your price range and look up reviews for them.
Thanks man, but the nh l12s height is 70mm and cooler clearance in SG13 is just 61mm (with atx)
Will it fit?

· Registered
6 Posts

This might be the best to use with an atx psu.
Thank you! But sg13 cooler clearance 61mm isnt right?

· Registered
828 Posts
Thanks man, but the nh l12s height is 70mm and cooler clearance in SG13 is just 61mm (with atx)
Will it fit?
Will it fit?
OK, probably not and the other common choice, Big Shuriken 3, is only 1 mm shorter so it is out as well.

Unfortunately this case was designed around using an AIO if you fit an ATX supply so your cooler options (unless you seriously hack the case around and move the ATX PSU to the front) are limited.

Try playing with the airlflow and reversing the fan on your existing heatsink to blow towards the PSU.

If that does not work out, the best options in order of least cost first:
  1. give up on sg13, sell it and put cash towards a slightly larger case
  2. give up on HSF and buy a 120mm AIO
  3. give up on ATX and buy a SFX supply and NHL-12S
Option 2 is probably the optimal one. Note that really big 120 mm AIOs like the H80 will not fit with two 25mm fans mounted without some hacking of the front case.

· Read Only
1 Posts
Hi i'm new here.
I already bought the sg13 with an ATX psu and a Cryorig C7 G CPU cooler. So is it too late to get another PSU or an AIO. But i don't need a GPU. Should i get an additional cooler 92x25 and put it on the GPU side?. If yes, should it blow into the case or out.
Thanks

· Registered
2 Posts
You guys really seem to know your stuff, so I figured I'd ask questions regarding air flow for my case too before I finish putting it all together here.

I'm in the process of building my first PC and have been scouring the internet regarding this question with varying results. I am using the Corsair SF 450 PSU and was wondering if it made more sense to mount it upside down. It seems counter productive to have that fan and the CPU cooling fan facing each other and that far apart. Has anyone had first hand experience with this? Here is my build, and I am also using the Noctua NF-A 120 MM in the front. What are your suggestions for intake and exhaust for these fans to try to keep this baby cool? Thanks!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/y8yY7X

· Registered
6 Posts
OK, probably not and the other common choice, Big Shuriken 3, is only 1 mm shorter so it is out as well.

Unfortunately this case was designed around using an AIO if you fit an ATX supply so your cooler options (unless you seriously hack the case around and move the ATX PSU to the front) are limited.

Try playing with the airlflow and reversing the fan on your existing heatsink to blow towards the PSU.

Option 2 is probably the optimal one. Note that really big 120 mm AIOs like the H80 will not fit with two 25mm fans mounted without some hacking of the front case.
Yes, finally i cant being hard for this problem 😅 i decided to buy AIO H60/Frostflow 120 due to my budget
I hope it will easy for maintenance..
Btw, thx man for all your help. I really appreciate it

· Registered
828 Posts
You guys really seem to know your stuff, so I figured I'd ask questions regarding air flow for my case too before I finish putting it all together here.

I'm in the process of building my first PC and have been scouring the internet regarding this question with varying results. I am using the Corsair SF 450 PSU and was wondering if it made more sense to mount it upside down. It seems counter productive to have that fan and the CPU cooling fan facing each other and that far apart. Has anyone had first hand experience with this? Here is my build, and I am also using the Noctua NF-A 120 MM in the front. What are your suggestions for intake and exhaust for these fans to try to keep this baby cool? Thanks!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/y8yY7X
Make sure the Shuriken 2 is actually Am4 compatible. Also the Shuriken 3 may be better fit heatwise for a 3600, either way, you may not be able to overclock it much with a low profile cooler

Also, you are correct, you do not want the HSF fan and CPU fan drawing air in opposite directions.

1. EITHER leave the PSU fan pointing upwards sucking fresh hair and add a 90mm exhaust fan to the RHS vent near the HSF
  2. OR flip the PSU so it is acting as exhaust and flip the fan on the HSF so it is blowing upwards

If you use the PSU as exhaust make sure the PUS fan is an always on type

· Registered
1 Posts
First time PC builder here and I just discovered this forum after purchasing my SG13. Planning to build within the next few weeks but I need some advice on cooling as a newbie.

I have one cooler (Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler) and one case fan (ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan) and I’ve bought some thermal paste. Will all this be enough to keep it cool? Do I need more or less?

Here’s my parts list currently: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fj7MdD

· Registered
828 Posts
First time PC builder here and I just discovered this forum after purchasing my SG13. Planning to build within the next few weeks but I need some advice on cooling as a newbie.

I have one cooler (Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 33.84 CFM CPU Cooler) and one case fan (ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan) and I’ve bought some thermal paste. Will all this be enough to keep it cool? Do I need more or less?

Here’s my parts list currently: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fj7MdD
Should be OK if you keep the 3600 stock.

No idea about overclocking a Ryzen 3600 on a NH-L9a, you might need to google that combo and see what people say.

· Registered
211 Posts
Well. I haven't been on this forum in years, my last system on here was an amd phenom ii black edition.

So recently acquired an evga 1080ti ftw3 from a Co worker during this whole gpu shortage for a non covid price of $250cnd. Ended up trading that with another coworker for his sc2 black which he just rma for crashing, paid for an extended 2 year warranty. So on to my build.

Msi b450i gaming plus max wifi.
Corsair atx 550w psu ( evga 650w sfx on order )
Ryzeb 3600
deepcoop l120 cooler
16gb corsair vengeance lpx

Just built this a couple days ago replacing my coolermaster core v21 case. Wanted something small for the living room the wife would be OK with. Original co figurative I had the rad fan pulling to exhaust out the front in front of the rad. Playing forza 4 for about 15 min showed the cpu temp get to 97c. So that wasn't good. Found a great YouTube channel with tons of tests on this case and decided to try doing an intake in front of the rad instead. This drastically made a difference with temps going to 75c after 10 min of game play. I'm expecting temps to be even better when my sfx psu comes in.

I'm also running a 4 tb hdd and 500gb ssd with future plans to use a 1tb name and either 1tb or 2 tb ssd to free up some room in the case by getting rid of the hdd bracket on top to allow even better temps.

stress tests with cinebench and furmark running for about 20 minutes shows a peak of 90c cpu and 74c gpu with the gpu only hitting 70c gaming.

· Registered
68 Posts

Currently I am doing option 3 and it feels like psu is exhausting a lot of hot air. I worry if having high internal psu temperautre might cause damage (silverstone sx500)?

3201 - 3220 of 3238 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.