Overclock.net banner

Are you interested in this new Sugo SG13?

• Yes

Votes: 54 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.0%

Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club

1173290 3237

Looks like we have a refreshed SG05 which will fit longer GPU's without cutting out the front panel, straight from Computex 2014. Otherwise known as the Silverstone SG13 Prototype. Target price is $30, with no internal 5.25 inch drive and optical bays, space for GPU's up to 10.5 inches 266.7 mm), CPU Coolers up to 2.4 inches (61 mm), and ATX power supplies up to 5.9 inches (150 mm). The front intake is compatible with a 120mm-140mm fan.

Product Page: Link

Model

SST-SG13B (Black Mesh Front Panel)

SST-SG13B-Q (Black Plastic Front Panel)

MaterialMesh or Plastic Front Panel, Steel Body
MotherboardMini-DTX, Mini-ITX
Drive Bay3.5" x 1 or 2.5"x2 , 2.5"x1
Cooling System
Front1 x 120mm/140mm fan slot compatible with radiator(option)
Rear--
SideOversized vents
TopOversized vents
Bottom--
Internal--
Expansion Slot2
Front I/OUSB 3.0 x 2
audio x 1
MIC x 1
Power SupplyOptional standard PS2(ATX) Up to 150mm
GPU

LengthUp to 267mm
HeightUp to 130mm

CPU CoolerUp to 61mm
Net WeightSG13B:2.47Kg / SG13B-Q:2.43Kg
Dimensions222mm (W) x 181 mm (H) x 285 mm (D) 11.5 liters

Techspot: Link
OCAHOLIC: Link
Legion Hardware: Link

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Support standard-length expansion cards (10.5 inches)
  • Mini-DTX / Mini-ITX motherboard & ATX PSU compatible
  • Support 120mm or 140mm single fan All-in-One Liquid Cooler
  • Support 2.5" and 3.5" hard drives
  • Elevated standoff for motherboard back side components

Club Form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CGsPuEgZnXVo-GhJ18FtUvabvjmwKo9PsorOD3eK15Y/viewform?embedded=true

Club Form List

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yb7MUpgI9qfCCet-p5WRhsrTMynxEB3Mo9Lrhui5a84/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false
  • Rep+
Reactions: toker
3221 - 3238 of 3238 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone with a 3070 Ventus 2X taken their card OUT of the case after shoving it in? I have an Ncase M1 coming in next week or so, will be moving my build to that case. Looking at how much space there is between the gpu and the metal bar above it is worrying me. There's like 1-2cm of space there.

· Registered
825 Posts
Has anyone with a 3070 Ventus 2X taken their card OUT of the case after shoving it in? I have an Ncase M1 coming in next week or so, will be moving my build to that case. Looking at how much space there is between the gpu and the metal bar above it is worrying me. There's like 1-2cm of space there.
The options if it is too close are bend the bottom part of the U shaped top rail up out of the way, cut the bottom part of the rail off or remove that rail entirely and replace it with a metal rod.

· Registered
12 Posts
The options if it is too close are bend the bottom part of the U shaped top rail up out of the way, cut the bottom part of the rail off or remove that rail entirely and replace it with a metal rod.
Any idea what sort of tool I would need to remove the rail? It's secured with some sort of screw with a circular bit thing (I'm sorry I don't know much about this).

· Registered
12 Posts
Just wanted to give an update on this, I took out the card without any modification to the case. Took out the power supply first and then the GPU, came out with a few mm to spare.

· Registered
825 Posts
Just replaced the Big Shuriken 3 in my SG13 with an Arctic Freezer II 120. Currently running with the standard single Arctic 25mm fan though I may add a 15mm Noctua as a second fan.

As note elsewhere in the thread it takes a bit of contortion to get it to fit but seems to work well once crammed in.

Things to note:
  • radiator pretty much needs to be mounted with tubes to one side. Tubes above will suck in air and with tubes below, either the radiator fouls the USB ports if the radiator is mounted to the chassis, or the hoses have trouble clearing the ram if you have a fan between the radiator and chassis
  • radiator mounted with tubes to side almost hits my graphic card but if you push it to the left and screw it down while slightly left of centre it works
  • in order to get the vertical hoses from the pump block to miss the SFX PSU it was necessary to offset the PSU rearwards about 15 mm or so with a spacer
Photos to follow in a few days.

· Registered
825 Posts
Photos from current rebuild. Basically replacing a i5 8400, RTX 2060, 450W Corsair and Big Shuriken 3 with a 9900K, RTX 3070, 750W SFX Corsair and Arctic Liquid Freezer II 38 mm thick 120mm radiator.

The radiator and pump block fit if you offset the PSU rearwards a bit (450W PSU was still installed in this photo but the 750W Corsair is the same physical size):​

The offset PSU.​
( This is a bit of a ghetto mod for now until I get a bracket 3D printed. )​

· Registered
2 Posts
Hmmm I am not sure why people go for AIO in SG13. The radiator + tubes take a bunch of space in the case. There will be barely any space for air to pass through not to mention that it is hot air from the cpu that will heat other components + the gpu (unless you use it as exhaust or remove the dust filter which will cause tons of dust to enter the case).

I think you can fit a 3060TI Gigabyte Eagle + good 140mm intake fan no problem. Airflow will be better, more cool air will travel from the outside to the motherboard area.

· Registered
871 Posts
Hmmm I am not sure why people go for AIO in SG13. The radiator + tubes take a bunch of space in the case. There will be barely any space for air to pass through not to mention that it is hot air from the cpu that will heat other components + the gpu (unless you use it as exhaust or remove the dust filter which will cause tons of dust to enter the case).

I think you can fit a 3060TI Gigabyte Eagle + good 140mm intake fan no problem. Airflow will be better, more cool air will travel from the outside to the motherboard area.

In the stock configuration there is very little room for a decent air cooled setup, and what will fit is blocked by the PSU.

I agree though that the case is not great for water cooling because all other other components get heat soaked. I modified mine because I didn't like the stock layout. However the setup posted above is a lot better than most I have seen in terms of openness.

· Registered
2 Posts
In the stock configuration there is very little room for a decent air cooled setup, and what will fit is blocked by the PSU.

I agree though that the case is not great for water cooling because all other other components get heat soaked. I modified mine because I didn't like the stock layout. However the setup posted above is a lot better than most I have seen in terms of openness.

View attachment 2523345
Hmmm. These solutions are very well crafted but just in my opinion aren't ideal or are much better than regular air cooling.
140mm intake fan does pretty good job at bringing cool filtered air into the case (even with all the PSU cables etc in front).
I sold yesterday a 1 year old video card which was working on higher RPM usually, and it was really very clean of dust. The seller said "were you even using this card? it is so clean".
I checked the temps a week ago and my 9700 was sitting at idle at around 65c+. I blew some air to clean dust from the fans etc (after about 5-6 months of not cleaning it) and the idle temps fell to 50c. So in my opinion a fan behind a filter does seem important.
In the AIO cooling above a 120mm fan is used and the radiator is so fat :/ Can't imagine how hot it is inside the case. I would have bought like H60 or something but without decent exhaust this seems like the wrong move.

· Registered
825 Posts
The H60 is not a particular good AIO, just comes in at a good price, but might cope with a non OC 9700 for light loads..

I tried sticking with the Big Shuriken 3 that worked fine with my i5 and was finding with my setup (9900K, RTX 3070) changing from my Big Shuriken 3 with a 150 mm front fan and a 120 mm side exhaust fan with two 6cm exhausts above the GPU to instead using a push pull Arctic Liquid freezer II (120mm x 38mm thick) AIO with a 120 mm side exhaust dropped CPU temps from high 80's / low 90's (thermal throttling at 100C with rendering) to more like low 70's. VRM and NVME temps did not change much.

Air cooling was simply not adequate with the 9900K which unlocked can pull up around 200w. I think the only way you could get away with a 9900K on air in this case is if you stuck with light loads like gaming that did not stress the CPU.

There is quite simply not enough room under the PSU to fit anything better than a NH-L12S or Big Shuriken 3. Those sort of coolers really struggle with overclocked i9s.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

i own an sg13 with an AMD 3600x + GTX1080 and was wondering if this following air intake/exaust scheme would work.

Setting up the gpu as exhaust, the cpu AIO as exhaust as well, psu with the fan turned up intaking and exhaust in the back and a 92mm fan intaking from the side? what do you tink? guess ill have to try right

Currenty i have an AIO mounted at front with 2 fans, push pull config 120mmx25mm, gpu as intake, PSU as exaust (SFX corsair), a 92mm exaust on the side plus 2 60mm fans exhausting to the top right next to the psu.

GPU+CPU temps stay around 70 while playing Cyberpunk 1080p high, though GPU fans go noisy nuts.

· Registered
2 Posts
Have been reading this thread quite a bit so decided to join.

Recently finished by first SG13 build and mostly happy with it - Specs below:

i7 11700 non K
Asrock H570M Mini ITX
32gb Vengence LPX DDR4 3000MHz
SF750 80 Plus Platinum SFX PSU W/Silverstone Offset Bracket and fan pointing down to CPU to exhaust the air being blown to it
1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 M.2
WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2
Noctua NF-A9 x 14 92mm Rear Vent Fan (Exhaust - Although only getting half the airflow as it interferes with the heatsink pipes on cooler so cannot mount it as low as it needs for full effect)
Noctua NF-S12A 120mm Front Fan - Intake
Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler - Exhaust (Pulling air from motherboard)
Pallit GTX970

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fit a side fan whilst using a Noctua L12S cooler? Those heatpipes are only letting me use half the fan been thinking about cutting the case around that area but not sure on best way to put it back together.

· Registered
2 Posts
I mounted my side fan on the outside attached to the case lid and ran the power wire for it around and in the back of the case. . It does make it a bit annoying to remove the case lid but hopefully you will not be doing it that often.
As usual I overthink things, This is a quality idea thanks will test this out at weekend when home.

Could I ask for a couple of photos if you have any, Just to see its setup?

3221 - 3238 of 3238 Posts